Department: Product Management
Sonos is the industry leader in the smart speaker category and has been working to fill every home with music over the last 15+ years. While our speakers look and sound great, the real magic is in the software, where our thought leadership and innovation have provided the gold standard for the rest of the industry to follow. Powering the Sonos Product experience and our Partner experiences is the Sonos Sound Platform which consists of Services and APIs in the Cloud and on LAN.
As Partner Solutions Architect you will be responsible for supporting our partners as they build solutions on the Sonos Sound Platform with the goal of delighting our joint customers. The work ranges from brainstorming ideas with Partners and supporting them through technical design, implementation and certification where they receive the Works with Sonos accreditation. You will also ensure that the voice of partner is heard inside the product team so that we evolve the platform in a way that supports key partner scenarios.
The successful candidate will have a technical background and ample experience working with partner product teams to create software solutions. They will be comfortable discussing and advising on technical architecture and design as well as writing code samples to speed up development time.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we're looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos-no matter their background or how they identify. If that's you, we hope you'll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone's best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You're passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
What You'll Do
* Lead the strategy for partnering so we have the partners on our platform that drive business outcomes.
* Work directly with key partners to create flagship integrations that demonstrate the full potential of the Sonos Sound Platform
* Advise and counsel key partners on technical architecture and implementation
* Ensure that the Product team is receiving high fidelity feedback from Partners to help inform the product roadmap
* Ensure we have the necessary internal tools and processes to scale execution so we can achieve our ambitions to grow the business.
* Represent the team's work to key internal stakeholders and executive sponsors
Skills You'll Need
This role requires strong technical, interpersonal, partnering, and presentation skills. As a successful candidate, you are passionate about music and technology, you can confidently talk about code with developers, and you can explain complex technology in simple terms.
* Recent experience as a successful product leader either working directly with strategic partners or as part of a Product Team.
* Excellent communication skills. Ability to converse at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to execute multiple, complex projects in parallel.
* Strong technical background with a proven ability to rapidly learn new technologies.
* Ability to work closely with strategic partners through technical integrations.
* Decisive and action-oriented, you learn quickly, work independently, and take ownership of open issues.
* Collaborative spirit and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or proven track record in technical roles (desired but not mandatory).
More About Sonos
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we're working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better-because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Sonos is a consumer electronics company that makes a variety of wireless audio products.