The Hearst Portals team is looking for a Scrum Master who is passionate about evangelizing Scrum and Agile Principles throughout a suite of employee-facing products.
The Hearst Portals team adheres to the Scrum framework, including roles and ceremonies. The ideal Scrum Master will have the experience and excitement to continuously improve the way we develop and deliver with the flexibility to know how to help cater these principles to a variety of products and teams.
The ideal candidate is a strong communicator who enjoys the daily challenge of partnering to make our teams and processes better. In addition, the ideal candidate is a great multi-tasker and is experienced at doing Scrum across multiple products and teams.
This role reports to the Director of Product Management who leads the Hearst Portals team. We're a small team of smart and driven folks who love what we do and enjoy coming together on projects that are helping to push Hearst forward.
* Scrum Master across multiple teams, providing a learning environment to deliver business value.
* Develop a deep understanding of our products and vision to help guide our team.
* Perform Sprint Planning & Facilitation across multiple products and teams
* Emphasize code quality through small, focused user stories
* Show team planned velocity vs. historical velocity, to make sure targeted work can be accepted
* Work with Product Owner on planning and road mapping discussions and clearly communicate to the development team
* Foster conversations/communications
* Enforce team ground rules and cultural norms
* Review action items and holds team accountable for follow through
* Facilitate Sprint Reviews; Work with Product Owner and team to determine agenda for the review
* Analyze and interpret sprint metrics
* Give status reports; communicate accomplishments, issues, and risks to product stakeholders
* Facilitate Sprint Retrospectives; Capture info and summarize as sprint planning input
* Work with Product Owner to administer, prepare, groom, prioritize and right-size backlog
* Facilitate tasking process or charge the team with what needs to be accomplished so that team can self-organize and accomplish sprint goals
* Keep whole teams moving forward. Foster team's self-organization and remove distractions, impediments and roadblocks.
* Ensure the team is fully functional and productive
* Find techniques for effective product backlog management
* Facilitate whole teams' understanding of Scrum
* Ensures application of agile principles
* BS/BA or greater * Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
* 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master
* Highly experienced with JIRA including understanding how to generate reports and key metrics.
* Knowledge of Scrum, Lean, XP, Kanban, and other Agile development techniques
* Ability to work and facilitate a team that is spread across multiple geographic locations
* Ability to handle multiple priorities
* Ability to lead a team to self-organization
* Superior written and verbal communication skills
* Experience with large-scale application development
* Track record executing in a fast-paced, evolving environment
* Ability to multi-task and handle multiple deliverables and projects at once, sticking to deadlines.
* Highly collaborative with the ability to inspire others and push through barriers
* Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development as it pertains to moving/converting to an Agile methodology
* Enthusiastic, driven, self-motivated with a focus on customer service