It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of 1 billion. Nearly half of Verizon Media employees are building the code and platforms that help us achieve that. Whether you're looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process 4 trillion data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business-and the world. Want in? As Verizon's media unit, our brands like Yahoo, TechCrunch and HuffPost help people stay informed and entertained, communicate and transact, while creating new ways for advertisers and partners to connect. With technologies like XR, AI, machine-learning, and 5G, we're transforming media for tomorrow, too. We're creators and coders, dreamers and doers creating what's next in content, advertising and technology.
Verizon Media BCP, Change Management & Compliance teams are responsible for certifying products to be highly available under fail scenarios, coordinating infrastructure change activities and partnering with Internal Audit and Security teams to drive remediations and vulnerabilities to resolution. The successful candidate will work closely with all Verizon Media Business Units including, but not limited to, Technology, Advertising, & Communications to accomplish this goal
* Work with Verizon Internal Audit to understand and participate in the Internal Audit process
* Partner with the Verizon & Verizon Media Business units to understand, and implement solutions to meet various security policies
* Partner with Technology Leadership to form plans of record for resolving Internal Audit findings
* Ensuring process compliance
* Liaison with the Verizon Media security team for providing software security focused efforts
* Examining and monitoring of security bugs to remediation
* Use of scanning tools such as Coalfire, Nessus, Rapid7 & Qualys
* Security findings management knowledge from services such as Crowdstrike, Nessus Agent, Evident IO
* Identifying Continual Process Improvement items and developing plans to address
* SOX audits
* Communicate remediation plans with stakeholders across the Enterprise and coordinate activities.
* Strong understanding of IT Service Management.
* Demonstrated practical experience with implementing/managing IT Service Management functions such as Service Operations and Service Transition.
* Strong understanding of current IT Security best practices.
* Strong understanding of internal audit and risk management concepts like corrective actions, compensating controls, and risk treatment planningAbility to apply technical direction with a broad knowledge of industry standards
* Must be flexible to work evenings for planned scheduled testing with Business Units
* Ability to manage multiple projects of varying size and complexity
* Strong business acumen with an ability to visualize solutions with the overall business needs in mind.
* Comfortable in a fast-paced, creative, innovative technology environment with a history of results!
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills combined with a strong business and public relations acumen.
* Ability to thrive and consistently deliver in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
* Excellent organizational, program management, and client management skills
* Knowledge of cloud security & services (AWS, MS Azure (Engineer or Admin))
* Service Management implementation experience
* Experience with SaaS based Service Management solutions such as ServiceNow, Git, Jira, Confluence
* Fundamental understanding of ITIL best practices
* Technical software background (working with apps at scale, computer science background, systems engineering, support, management)
* Proficient with Secure Coding Best Practices
* Knowledge of container based technologies and how to secure them
* Distributed software and technology, CDNs, Load Balancing, DNS, Network Security, ACLs, IPTables
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Verizon Media is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please email ApplicantAccommodation@verizonmedia.com or call 408-336-1409. Emails/calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Currently work for Verizon Media? Please apply on our internal career site.
About Verizon Media
Verizon Media (formerly Oath) is a company operating media, technology, and communication brands.