Verizon Media Group
Take Yahoo and AOL, fuse them and you get a media and technology company operating at massive global scale. It takes powerful technology to connect our combined media brands and partners with an audience of 1 billion. Nearly half of Oath's employees are building the code and platforms that help us achieve that. And we're only getting bigger. Whether you're looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process 4 trillion data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business-and the world. Want in? Millions of people vist the Yahoo homepage for news, sports, finance, email, and more.
A Little About Us
Verizon Media news is the largest digital news organization in the world. It's the first part of the news daily habit for more people than any other platform across web, mobile and a variety of other experiences. Within Verizon Media News, Yahoo News team is looking for a dynamic and energetic frontend engineer to help create engaging experiences that bring amazement to the millions of people who use our site every day.
A Lot About You
You are a motivated engineer who is passionate about software development and building high quality products. Someone who thrives on working with a team of smart, talented engineers. You can both take and give constructive feedback, and enjoy active team discussions. You are someone who enjoys challenging work, and is curious and driven. You can help us take our products to the next level.
As a senior engineer you will play a key role on the team, responsible for all stages of software development. You will work with skilled product owners, designers, and engineers to collect requirements, define feature sets, and build scalable and reliable web products seen and used by millions of people. You should have solid experience architecting, developing, and delivering dynamic web applications with modern web concepts and technologies.
* Bachelors or greater in Computer Science or equivalent
* 5+ years of software development experience
* 3+ years of web application development experience using JS, CSS, HTML
* Direct experience architecting and developing scalable web applications with modern JS frameworks (React, Angular, etc) and tools (Webpack, etc)
* Comfortable working on server-side and/or deeply collaborating with backend teams
* Strong command of cross-browser compatibility issues, rendering differences, and progressive enhancement strategies
* Working knowledge of web performance and optimization techniques
* Good web security knowledge (Cross Site Scripting, SQL Injection, Input Validation)
* Good project management skills, and ability to work on multiple projects at once
* Well versed with unit testing & debugging techniques, particularly with front-end code
* Continued learning of industry standards and trends
* Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork
Nice To Have
* Experience with other related web programming languages (Python, Java, etc)
* Experience developing RESTful APIs
* Knowledge of database design and management
* Understanding of OS fundamentals, command line tools, and basic shell scripting
* Experience working with cloud infrastructure (AWS, etc)
* Experience with containerization technology (Docker, etc)
* Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins, etc)
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Verizon Media is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please email ApplicantAccommodation@verizonmedia.com or call 408-336-1409. Emails/calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Currently work for Verizon Media? Please apply on our internal career site.
About Verizon Media Group
Verizon Media Group is a diverse house of more than 50 media and technology brands that engages more than a billion people around the world.