Tumblr launched in 2007 with the belief that people need a place to say what they want, be who they want, and connect over what they love. We continue to build out Tumblr as a platform for free expression, individuality, and human connection. That's why we need smart, humble, funny people to keep Tumblr growing. We're big enough to give you the resources you need and still small enough that you can work on things that matter. Come work with us.
Tumblr is looking for data scientists to use Tumblr's data to better understand our hundreds of millions of registered users, learn what makes them tick, and inform better decision-making and strategy for our product. We want data scientists who know how to use their knowledge and skill with data and statistics to create real, actionable product insights. Above all else, we want you to be someone who is excited to be let loose on Tumblr's many terabytes of data.
* Apply various data modeling techniques to model user behavior and identify actionable levers for retaining and growing users.
* Define key metrics, conduct A/B testing, and oversee statistical measurement of new algorithms and approaches.
* Develop key data sets and expose them as reusable libraries and utilities.
* Enhance analytics ETL pipeline and automate recurring analytics tasks.
* Monitor the trends of metrics and identify the root cause of unexpected changes.
* Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities for user growth.
* BA/BS degree in a quantitative field (CS, Math, Statistics, Economics, etc.) strongly preferred.
* 3+ years of experience with large datasets.
* Experience working with Python. Bonus points if you've used it to build robust data pipelines and automate data tasks.
* Experience Knowledge of SQL skills against large datasets
* Desire to apply academic knowledge to solve real-world problems
* Smarts, humility, and equal willingness to learn and teach
* Ability to work with APIs in Python a plus (e.g. Google Analytics, Tumblr).
* Hive, MySQL
* Google Sheets
* Git, Jira
* Jupyter, Airflow
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Verizon Media is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please email ApplicantAccommodation@verizonmedia.com or call 408-336-1409. Emails/calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Currently work for Verizon Media? Please apply on our internal career site.
About Verizon Media
Verizon Media (formerly Oath) is a company operating media, technology, and communication brands.