WHO WE ARE:
McDonald's Global Architecture organization is responsible for the architecture, design, integration, and management strategy of the foundational McDonald's restaurant software application platforms and products. These power one of the most significant brands in the world, enabling and scaling to over 33,000 McDonald's restaurants operating in over 120 diversified countries. Furthermore, these software platforms provide the foundation to achieve operational excellence and to reliably serve some of the world's favorite food to a base of over 70 million customers every day.
We are in the process of transforming our in-store technology platforms in an effort to enable a facer pace of change and ease of adoption for new features and services that will drive the business. You may have seen the KIOSK implementations, and heard of recent acquisitions around engine technology.
As these and many other innovative solutions are being planned, our Solution Architecture team is designing how we build and integrate systems to bring this innovation to life in a way that is secure and can scale to the size of McDonald's. This platform will power a broader set of applications that will significantly modernize McDonald's, and it is the foundational core responsible for ensuring a seamless user experience for both our customers and our restaurant staff.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
McDonald's is looking to hire a collaborative individual who, in partnership with other Solution Architects, will engage customers and partners to clarify expectations, apply relevant standards and best-practices, and drive the evolution of our restaurant / retail technology strategy. You will know how to balance a strong results-orientation with continuous improvement. This role is a collaborative role, necessitating strong social and influencing skills in addition to broad IT domain knowledge, particularly in retail systems architecture. You will have influence and oversight over the evolution and implementation of our global retail technology platforms. Furthermore, the role will have responsibilities to cultivate innovation, develop proof of concepts, and fast fail digital commerce research and concepts.
* You will participate in the ongoing development of the infrastructure roadmap
* You will assist in the development of short and long-range plans
* Work with application teams and vendors to develop and lead the execution of system solutions for customer facing technologies; including POS, KIOSK, Cashless systems
* In this role, you will act as a trusted advisor to internal leaders by seeing the big picture and translating business strategies into actionable technology roadmaps and project plans
* Assist developing IT polices to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management
* Establish and lead senior-level technical relationships with other internal tech teams, as well as our third-party vendors
* Participate as a senior advisor in the diagnosis and solution of environment related issues; including network, hardware, permissions, certificates, etc.
* You will lead systems design meetings with the customer and vendor
* Apply new solutions through research and collaboration with team to determine course of action for new application initiatives
* Actively participate in POS software release and deployment planning to ensure functionality is supported for all markets
* Enforce to established security, testing policies and procedures
* Uses own domain expertise and appropriate partners to evolve our Retail Technology standards that improve time to market, economics, and brand protection for global technology solutions
* You'll be responsible for documenting pertaining to product features, activity flows, integration flows, data contracts, etc.
* Analyzes new solution requests, solicits and clarifies non-functional requirements, and formulates conceptual and physical architectures, to rapidly deliver solutions in a dynamic, multi-vendor environment
McDonald's is an international chain of hamburger fast food restaurants.