The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of the project over the entire life (initiate, plan, execute, control, close). Must be familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
The Sr. Project Manager is also responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of project. May communicate with a Senior Project Manager, Functional Area Manager, or Program Manager regarding status of specific projects.
In addition, the Sr. Project Manager takes projects from original concept through final implementation. Interfaces with all areas affected by the project including end users, distributors, and vendors. Ensures adherence to quality standards and review project deliverables. May communicate with a company executive regarding the status of specific projects.
* Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques in order to keep the project plan accurate, updated, reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan, and facilitate customer acceptance.
* Manage execution of the tasks as defined in the project plan in order to achieve the project goals.
* Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the Project Plan, in order to align the stakeholders and team members.
* May be responsible for managing/ recording detailed customer requirements, constraints, and assumptions with stakeholders in order to establish the project deliverables, using requirement-gathering techniques (e.g., planning sessions, brainstorming, focus groups) and the project charter.
* Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques in order to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
* Recommend and Implement the approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events in order to minimize the impact of the risks on the project.
* Conduct a kick-off meeting with all key stakeholders in order to announce the start of the project and review the overall project plan and gain consensus.
* Document high-level risks, assumptions, and constraints using historical data and expert judgment in order to understand project limitations.
* Communicates information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
* Communicates information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
* Listens intently to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and allowing others to speak without interrupting them.
* Inspires loyalty and trust, handles oneself ethically following core values and beliefs.
* Recognizes contributions - praises people for a job well done.
* Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members
* Open to diverse points of view, treats people with respect.
* Champions best practices and adherence to project management methodology
May serve as backup to the Program Manager
* Act as a mentor
* Delivery model (existing model and future changes)
* Define project roles, responsibilities, methodology, tools and best practices
* Leverage shared services
* Standardization of processes
* Provide input on delivery model and best practices
* Support, lead, or ensure the standardization of processes for implementing projects across all clients, in accordance with best practices
* Identify, and/or elevate ideas for improving the delivery model offer and methodologies
McDonald's is an international chain of hamburger fast food restaurants.