Are you ready to take on a fresh challenge, grow your career and contribute to making the world a safer place, Raytheon is ready to help you achieve your goals. Join our team and get the opportunity and support to find purpose, thrive and succeed. At Raytheon, We Stand Out for a lot of reasons - and our employees are behind every one of them. Click here to find out what they have to say about the work we do and who we do it: https://youtu.be/H4YKy1_MshM
Raytheon is looking for a Reliability Engineer to join our Specialty Engineering team. Specialty Engineering is part of Systems Engineering that complements the technical activities required to deliver a project. It deals with engineering that influence the systems' design and architecture in terms of performance, safety, usability, reliability, maintainability, availability, supportability, testability, and cost consideration throughout the lifecycle of the product.
This position can be located in Aurora, Colorado, Richardson, Texas, Dulles, Virginia, or Indianapolis, Indiana.
The Reliability Engineer utilizes subject matter expertise and knowledge of reliability, maintainability, availability, and testability (RAM-T) methods, standards, and techniques to provide clarification of system requirements to software and hardware development teams and test personnel. Identifies RAM-T impacts to ensure RAM-T considerations are appropriately allocated to the system and horizontally integrated across the development teams. Interfaces with specialty and logistics engineering functions to ensure integration and continuity in the design and development process. Support model-based systems engineering (MBSE) activities including trade studies, use case development, requirements definition and derivation, interface definition, and requirement validation and verification. Develops RAM-T design guidelines, plans, procedures, work instructions, tools, checklists, etc. to ensure conformance to RAM-T standards. Performs RAM-T engineering analyses including allocation and prediction modeling, physics of failure, diagnostics and fault isolation, prognostics and fault predictions, component stress analysis, failure modes, effects, and criticality (FMEA/FMECA), and fault tree analysis (FTA). Helps designs test and verification methods for validating RAM-T performance parameters and measures. Defines and supports failure reporting, analysis and corrective action system (FRACAS) and Failure Review Boards (FRB). Represents RAM-T engineering interests by participating in technical and engineering review boards. Interfaces with personnel from other organizations in separate geographical locations. Attends technical interchange meetings with the team members and other program personnel, and represents the organization in matters pertaining to the development of his/her project. Provides status on assigned Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) tasks. Provides document review and resolves technical systems engineering and integration issues. Supports ECP efforts as required. Must have the ability to manage time and resources in order to meet assigned deadlines.
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US Citizens with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI
Required Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
* Bachelor degree and at least 8 years Systems Engineering experience
* Must be a US Citizens with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI
* Experience and practical application of RAM-T engineering, design, and management practices in accordance with MIL-HDBK-338, MIL-STD-1543, MIL-STD-189, MIL-STD-781, MIL-STD-785, or equivalent industry standards or practices.
* Reliability modeling and prediction experience in accordance with MIL-HDBK-217, MIL-STD-690, MIL-STD-756 or equivalent industry standards or practices.
* Experience with reliability test methods, screening, and assurance in accordance with MIL-HDBK-344, MIL-HDBK-781, MIL-STD-2164, MIL-STD-790 or equivalent industry standards or practices.
* Experience performing FMECA in accordance with MIL-STD-1629 or equivalent industry standards or practices.
* Experience with FRACAS in accordance with MIL-STD-2155 or equivalent industry standards or practices.
* Experience in one or more of the following satellite ground control station capabilities: Planning and Scheduling, Command and Control, Mission Data Processing, Ground Terminals and Infrastructure, Data Analysis and Dissemination, Data Archive and Storage
* Experience in requirements development/derivation/management
* Ability to communicate effectively with the Customer and across multiple organizational levels including Program Management and junior engineering staff
* Demonstrated ability to understand technical details of efforts underway, to summarize key concerns and follow through with development of action plans to correct or satisfy problem areas.
Desired Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
* Experience modeling and predicting hardware and software reliability using modeling and prediction tools such as Reliasoft, Relex, XFmea, Express, or similar tool
* Previous experience working with requirements management tools/databases such as DOORS
* Basic experience with UML architecture tools, e.g. Enterprise Architect, Rational ClearQuest, Rational Software Architect, etc.
* Able to read DoDAF artifacts as well as UML diagrams and other SE artifacts
* Experience working in a multi-discipline environment
* Experience with systems integration verification and validation (IV&V)
* Familiarity with the software development life cycle
* Experience conducting trade studies
* Experience with interface definition/documentation (ICD)
* Experience with Use Case development
* Experience with CONOPS development
B.S. in Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math, or related STEM degree
140875BR 140875 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Type Of Job
CO - Aurora
IN - Indianapolis
TX - Richardson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.