What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you're a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior level
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
RADAR Systems Special Test Equipment - Sr. Systems Engineer II
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 12 months of employment.
The Systems Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) organization is seeking engineering leaders committed and passionate about creating innovative and cost-effective verification and validation solutions. As a technical member of the Radar Systems Special Test Equipment team, the candidate will architect, design, develop and deploy integrated hardware/software system test solutions and tooling to support Raytheon's development, production, and depot laboratories and facilities.
* Hardware, Software, and Firmware development activities throughout all phases (design, development, integration, test, maintenance and support)
* Design, develop, integrate, test and verify hardware/software:
* Test fixtures, scripts and Graphical User's Interface applications
* Radar Avionics control and monitoring simulators
* Test access for data monitoring of critical Radar data
* Integration of target simulators, instrumentation systems and Government furnished aircraft avionics
This highly dynamic environment requires both speed and efficiency in addition to maintaining product quality, functionality and traceability. Applicants are expected to be self-motivated, detail oriented and a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team through strong written and verbal communication skills. The systems engineer will frequently work with a diverse group of hardware/firmware engineers, software engineers, and Radar subject matter experts and must be comfortable either working independently or as part of an integrated development team.
* Minimum 6 years work related experience with a BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Math, Computer Science or related discipline.
* Must have ability to obtain a US Security clearance within first 12 months of employment
* US Citizenship
* Ability to access US Data
* Working familiarity with Radar, RF and RF Environmental concepts and technology
* Experience with reading schematics and the ability to troubleshoot down to the component level
* Experience with commercial test equipment (e.g. DMM, Oscilloscope, Signal Generator, Spectrum Analyzer, Logic Analyzer)
* Experience with several of the following:
* Design, integration and test of mid to large scale, multi-threaded, distributed software systems.
* Developing real-time embedded systems, device drivers, control software
* Developing firmware with Verilog and/or VHDL
* ClearCase, ClearQuest or the like
* C/C++, Java, Python, Pearl, Tcl/Tk
* CAD/EDA: AutoCAD, OrCAD, and Mentor Graphics
* LabVIEW, Microsoft Visual Studio IDE, Xilinx ISE, Quartus
* Experience using DOORS
* Current DoD Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance and/or a SSBI/Special Access clearance
* Experience with software development on a Real-Time Operating System (RTOS) (i.e. VxWorks)
* Experience with implementing communication hardware and software (TCP/IP, UDP, Shared Memory, Mil-Std-1553)
* Familiarity with system devices (VME, PCI/PMC/XMC, Serial, GPS/IRIGA/B/G, 1PPS, USB)
* Familiarity in Object-Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) and Design Patterns
* Experience in the development and delivery of Radar Systems and technologies
* Experience with all phases of hardware and software development testing including unit, integration, acceptance testing
* Radar System Integration Labs (RSIL) experience.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Math, Computer Science or related discipline.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.