How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state-of-the-art facility in Texas? Then join our Raytheon team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
Our CityLine facility in Richardson, TX has been open for 2 years and it has many amenities that make work and life balance. On site we have a 24-hr fitness facility, a health center, a massage therapist, relaxation rooms, a mother's room, an upscale cafeteria, a learning center, collaboration rooms, fun space that includes a foosball and pool table, and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Popcorn Thursday's, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at CityLine. Plus there are lot of trendy area restaurants and shopping within blocks of our site with shuttle service to help you get there! Click here to view a brief video and learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyPBTRDWVKg
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, including a large presence in Richardson, TX. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world - in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
This position is eligible for a Sign on Bonus of 20k for a candidate with a current TS/SCI that can be verified and hired at Raytheon.
Raytheon IIS' Hardware and Infrastructure (HW&I) Engineering group seeks an Infrastructure Performance Engineer to assist in testing and optimization of compute, storage, and network resources on large High-Performance Computing (HPC) systems hosted in both private (VMware) and public (AWS) cloud environments. The qualified candidate will be responsible for creating test scenarios to ensure system performance satisfies customer requirements, including fault introduction to validate High Availability (HA) response. They will also be responsible for development and execution of Early Interface Tests (EITs) between Raytheon and other customer systems. This position offers the opportunity to expand the successful candidate's skills into an infrastructure architecture and development role. Other job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Employ creative thinking to develop techniques that test system edge conditions, resiliency, and functionality
* Create scripts and other entities that benchmark system and component performance
* Develop and execute system stress tests to determine any performance defects in design
* Ability to perform post-test forensics and determine root causes of issues
An active US Government TS/SCI clearance with a CI polygraph within the last five years is required as of day one for this position (US citizenship required).
* Strong/Moderate Linux administration skills
* Experience with performance testing of software, compute hardware, networks, and storage
* Experience developing scripts in languages such as Perl, Python, or bash
* Ability to work as a part of a cross-functional engineering team
* Current DoD Directive 8570.1 IAT Level II or higher certification (Security+ CE or other approved certification)
* Active US Government TS/SCI clearance with a CI poly within the last five years
* 4 years of relate work experience required
* In-depth problem investigation and troubleshooting skills
* Experience investigating issues with application software and tuning applications for maximum performance
* Ability to devise testing methods for load testing and stress testing
* Experience evaluating system key performance indicators including throughput, memory, response time, bandwidth, and CPU interrupts per second
* Experience with continuous integration, unit testing, and automated testing
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 4 years of related work experience.
25B 25D 255N 255A 35F 35G 35Q 35T289 0212 0231 0241 0261 0291CT EW IS IT1N0XX 1N1XX 1N2XX 1N3XX 1N4AX 1N4BX 14NXX 139839
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with CI Poly - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
TX - Richardson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.