How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems
Senior or Principal Information Technology Program Lead
Program Proposal Execution
What's YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We're inspired by a noble mission that's shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Senior or Principal IT Business Customer Relationship Liaison (IT Program Lead)
We currently need a SeniorInformation Technology (IT) Program Lead in support of Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) programs, Mission System and Sensors (MSS). The successful candidate will be responsible for providing IT leadership and management of the Information Technology needs in Fullerton, CA. Responsibilities include ensuring that IT scope is properly executed in accordance to performance standards; leveraging thought leadership, innovative solutions, and cost savings initiatives.
These positions require an active U.S. DOD Security Clearance as of day one of employment. Except in Rare cases, only US Citizens are able to obtain US DOD Clearances. Please note that the role will also require obtaining a Top Secret Clearance within one year of start date due to the nature of the Programs that will be supported over time.
These positions can be filled either at the Senior level (G09) or Principal level (G10), at the discretion of the hiring manager.
They will partner with engineering and proposal/program management to capture functional requirements, translate requirements into program environment planning and execution plans, and manage changes in scope and function of the development and collaborative environments over the lifecycle of the program. Responsibilities include oversight and monitoring of cost, schedules, and performance of IT tasks, which will include task planning and scheduling, earned value reporting and variance analysis. You will use your strong background in supporting Proposals/Programs through your experience in Project Management, Integrated Product Development System (IPDS), Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and Control Account Manager (CAM) methodologies. The candidate will work closely across multi-functional teams comprised of Engineering, Security, Manufacturing, Integrated Supply Chain management as well as senior Program and IT leadership on program status and will require influence across multiple Functional Areas.
This position may require the ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally. Capped relocation is available to the selected applicants if they are eligible per Company policy. Budget amount will be discussed at the appropriate stage of the selection process.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Proactively participate in pre-proposal and proposal process by strategizing with IPT/CPT, deciphering IT requirements in Statement of Work (SOW) and providing Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for future business opportunities and pursuits.
* Work in an Integrated Product Team/Cross Product Team (IPT/CPT) environment, ensuring effective IT support of program, from start-up to sustainment, in alignment with program cost and schedule performance goals.
* Daily tasking and oversight of the team that provides the design and operation of the software development, software integration, software/system requirements, and continuous access of the IT environment.
* Fill the role as the Control Account Manager (CAM) for the IT budget including oversight and monitoring of costs, schedules, and performance of IT tasks. Manage and direct the daily execution of the contract's IT requirements to assure performance goals are met.
* Formally identify, assess, monitor, and mitigate IT related risk and dependencies throughout the proposal/program lifecycle.
* Lead IT and Program related projects through development and implementation utilizing project planning, team building, recurring task management, and formal presentations to leadership through completion.
* Support preparation and/or presentation of weekly/monthly program reviews, Proposal Bid Reviews, EAC, AOP, and Capital Planning.
* Support IPDS Gate reviews as applicable, including Independent Reviews.
* An active US DOD Secret clearance is required.
* 6+ years' overall Information Technology and/or Software/Systems Engineering experience
* Project Management such as Risk & Opportunity management, CAM, and performance tracking/management
* Professional exposure to EVMS (Earned Value Management System or similar budget tracking system
* Experience in facilitating and responding to Requests for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposals (RFP)
* Skilled in proposal preparation, IT and Engineering requirements analysis, cost and schedule estimation and technical documentation related to the Statement of Work (SOW)
* Active Top Secret DOD Clearance desired.
* High level working knowledge of Software development, Systems integration, and test processes to support activities across the program life cycle.
* High level working knowledge of Software development (Agile/Scrum), Systems integration, and test processes to support activities across the program life cycle
* Experience with the Integrated Product Development System (IPDS)
* Effective presence and influential leadership capability with the ability to interact with senior levels of leadership - including customer, Raytheon teammates, and suppliers
* Excellent communication skills (oral & written). Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver executive style presentations
* Working experience within Software and/or Systems Engineering
* Experience working in a program and/or engineering environment. Previous Global Program support desired
* Demonstrated experience in Business Case Analysis and Return on Investment (ROI)
* Through strong organization skills, demonstrate solid problem solving skills in anticipating and analyzing needs as well as quickly identifying solutions
* Knowledgeable of Contracts, SOWs, BOEs, IT and Engineering (SW & Systems) Processes and Practices.
* Working knowledge of software development, systems integration, and test processes to support activities across the program life cycle.
* PMP and/or PMX Certification
* BS/BA or advanced degree in related field (such as Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS, Engineering)
What We Offer: Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America's Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Secret - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
CA - Fullerton
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.