The Manager III, Special Access Programs Manager, is responsible for the overall establishment and management of the Security management function in El Segundo, CA. The position is responsible for collaborating across the four SAS Businesses, Functions and the Program Offices to understand requirements and meet business and security objectives. The Manager III is an integral part of the SAS Security Leadership team, working to solve complex problems and serving as a subject matter expert in the area of SAP Security. Interprets and utilizes knowledge of DoDM 5205, JSIG and ICD policies and procedures, utilizes thorough understanding of OPSEC, demonstrates leadership and flexibility to overcome challenges. Operates under consultative direction; assignments provide an impact across SAS. Provides guidance and supervision to 20 direct reports. Responsible for performance management and developing a high functioning Security team. Collaborates with peers across Raytheon, Industry and Government to create and share best practices and lessons learned. Creates and reviews Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for contract bids. Makes decisions and provides timely input that impact critical goals and objectives of the business. Conducts briefings and training necessary to ensure compliance.
Critical Behaviors: Intellectual functioning Behaviors: This Manager III candidate will need to possess advanced critical thinking and analytical skills. Though many aspects of the position are prescribed, others are not. The ideal candidate will be required to evaluate and anticipate future consequences of security decisions made in concert with program objectives. This position will simultaneously require long-term strategic thinking and near-term practical execution.
Work Related Behaviors: This position requires not only technical and managerial skills, but will also require a diligent, confident and results oriented work ethic. The candidate will need to move with high energy, maintain a high level of persistence, and act in a timely manner consistent with the needs of the organization. This individual must be able to be effective under pressure and cope well with complex and vague situations. This management position requires a mature, disciplined individual that can live up to the tangible and intangible responsibilities inherent in the composite organization.
Interpersonal and Social Behaviors: The candidate must participate with confidence in all phases of program execution; proposal though test. The ideal candidate will be controlled, poised, and tactful in stressful situations paying special attention to what others are saying and what they mean.
Security Clearance Requirements:
* Possess a minimum of a current, final Top Secret security clearance
* Eligibility for additional clearances may also be required from the customer
* 10 years' experience in implementing security program requirements.
* Previous supervisory and/or manager experience with direct reports
* Experience and knowledge of NISPOM, DoD Manual 5205.07 volumes 1- 4 (formerly JAFAN Manual), Joint Special Access Program Implementation Guide (JSIG), Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) manuals and other applicable Government directives.
* Experience leading large organizations with large customer complexities.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Ability to collaborate across multiple organization levels (i.e. Sr. Executives to Individual Contributors)
* Ability to operate in a matrix-type environment
* Knowledgeable of Cyber-security requirements
* Experience with Microsoft Project (MSP) and other Program Management Tools
* Ability to operate in SharePoint and other collaborative electronic environments
Bachelor's degree required
Major: Business Management, Security Management, Information Systems/Technology, or other related field. 136077BR 136077 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Top Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.