Costco IT is seeking an individual to join our SAP EWM eCommerce Fulfillment Quality Assurance Testing team. This position will be responsible for software testing, evaluation and approval of development tasks as completed for the SAP EWM eCommerce Fulfillment Business Units. The Quality Assurance Analyst will be responsible for designing test cases and scenarios based on stories designed from the business users. The candidate should be an analytical and logical thinker who is organized and able to meet milestones and deadlines while being able to work in a fast paced environment. The QA Analyst is responsible for adhering to standardized QA policies, processes and documentation standards, overseeing and/or participating in all aspects of project testing. The SAP EWM eCommerce Fulfillment Quality Assurance Analyst will have to work independently and as part of various teams in the IT Department.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Actively participates in requirement gathering sessions and gives input on requirement and design documents * Reviews requirements for assigned projects and creates test cases as applicable * Debugs software products through the use of systematic tests * Works closely with development team on test results and testing required code changes * Develops, modifies and executes software test plans, manual scripts and automated test suites using HP-ALM * Identifies and documents software defects in HP-ALM * Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software * Analyzes test results to identify defects, ensures features and User Stories work as expected and recommend corrective action as appropriate * Consults and provides feedback for resolution of problems * Abides by and follows software quality assurance standards, processes and controls as it pertains to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) * Develops, applies, and maintains quality standards for company products
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary * Assists in other departments of the company as necessary
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
* Minimum 3 years' of software quality assurance experience * Minimum 3 years' of hands-on experience using industry standard software QA tools, preferably HP-ALM * 1-3 years' experience working in an Agile environment * 1-3 years' experience working with Software Quality Assurance methodologies and processes * Must be able to differentiate and articulate differences between holistic system testing vs process-based testing based on configuration parameters, user exits, integrations, and data migration * Strong knowledge of SDLC and SQA methodology as well as experience testing on Agile or DevOps teams * Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem solving skills * Solid understanding of build tools and software configuration management standards * Strong organizational skills * Ability to work within a team environment * Communicates technical issues clearly in written and oral forms * Ability to multitask in a fast paced, dynamic environment * Must be detail-oriented and capable of working in an environment with changing priorities * Strong communication skills * Good troubleshooting skills * Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and excellent collaboration skills
* Experience working with Costco eCommerce, Business Delivery or Warehouse businesses * Working knowledge of SAP EWM or other SAP product * Working knowledge of HP ALM * Working knowledge of Google * Familiarity with mobile devices such as phones and tablets, and mobile applications * Ability to digest and understand basic user requirements and construct test cases to validate them * Analytical thinker possessing strong problem solving and decision making skills * Knowledge of XML, web-based services * Knowledge and experience with different scripting languages, JAVA, C# * Must be able to work nights/weekends as necessary * Degree in computer science or related technical field preferred * Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.