The SAP HR Functional Analyst works to develop and maintain the SAP and related systems core configuration, transports, development, reporting, and processing. This individual will work collaboratively to deliver exceptional operational support.
This analyst will support the team across the SuccessFactors and HCM Platforms. The SAP HR Functional Analyst will comply with all the change control procedures, work instructions and standard operating procedures in support of existing functionality, requested enhancements and the development of new functionality. SAP Functional Analyst will collaborate and support other staff on OMPA team.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Responsible for support activities.
* Configures SAP HCM system including Benefits, Organization Management, Personnel Administration, Jam Intranet, and EC.
* Supports Team with design, development and solution management.
* Gathers and participates in requirement gathering sessions with users and sponsors to define and document functional specifications, including: configuration, enhancements, custom programs, reports and forms.
* Authors and communicates business process designs, business systems designs, and system test plans.
* Identifies gaps in business process mappings.
* Performs technical walk-through with development teams.
* Presents, discusses and demos SAP Best Practices.
* Works on Upgrade projects planning and execution.
* Supports the development team members during detailed design & coding phase.
* Works with Quality Assurance team to conduct functional testing of implemented applications.
* Authors scripts and performs Unit, Regression and Integration testing.
* Adheres to team and departmental development standards.
* Demonstrates a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritization.
* Demonstrates a high level of communication skills, verbal and written.
* Mentoring less experienced team members on SAP configuration concepts and tool suite.
* Participates in team activities and team planning in regards to improving team skills, awareness and quality of work.
* Responsible for continued growth in the areas of technology, business knowledge, and Costco policies and platforms.
* Regular and reliable workplace attendance at your assigned location.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
* Assists in other areas of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
* Able to support off-hours work as required, including weekends, holidays, and 24/7 on call responsibilities on a rotational basis.
* Good understanding of integration between SAP modules.
* Ability to be proactive and can assume full responsibility of module development activities.
* Self-motivated, Flexible, Openness to learn new things, Strong focus on customer needs.
* Must have the ability to work with limited supervision and exhibit an excellent sense of urgency.
* Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners to implement SAP system installation, modification and enhancements.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong conceptual, analytical, problem-solving, troubleshooting and resolution skills.
* Ability to prioritize, monitor and manage the progress of tasks.
* Good understanding of corporate IT policies, procedures and standards.
* Good decision-making skills.
* Must be available to work nights and weekends, and perform on-call support as scheduled and needed.
* Costco HR, Payroll, OMPA or Benefit experience.
* Experience configuring SAP in a professional environment on SAP ERP 6.0 HCM or Success Factors, with strong level on OMPA configuration and processing.
* Experience supporting and troubleshooting United States HR processes and issues.
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.