This role is responsible for ensuring hardware, software, applications, and operating systems used by the Global Health Services/Ancillary tower (GHS) are functional and operating efficiently. The business systems include local and centralized US Pharmacies, Pharmacy Mail Order, and Hearing Aid production environments and will support processing workflow, sales, ordering/inventory supply chain, and reporting/data management. The successful Functional Analyst will have operational experience with Linux and windows server environments along with an understanding of networking, encryption and information security . Experience with applying agile methodologies with use case creation and support, quality assurance techniques, and version releases/upgrades workflows into production environments are highly recommended. This position requires coordinating with Business Stakeholders, vendors, IT Infrastructure teams, multi-company development teams, and GHS colleagues.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Designs, develops, and maintains production and non-production environments for GHS businesses and related infrastructures.
* Manages and coordinates GHS vendor involvement and support to ensure quality expectations are met for system and application patching and remediation.
* Performs 2 nd (intermediate) and 3 rd (advanced) level troubleshooting and resolution of hardware and software issues production.
* Designs, develops, implements, and maintains appropriate levels of monitoring and support procedures to address systems issues and perform root-cause analysis, and then document issue resolution; creates and maintains Knowledge Base articles for internal and external users.
* Works with GHS teams to develop user stories and works with internal QA team for testing each software and hardware release.
* Manages aspects of new warehouse openings, relocations and remodels to ensure that the GHS supported departments are fully operational when required.
* Performs the supply chain/inventory, data management, accounting/financial programs and software processes.
* Maintains Lifecycle management of GHS managed assets, both hardware and software for our warehouse and central fill/depot locations.
* Assists in other GHS areas as needed.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
* Assists in other departments of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
* Must be highly responsive with an extreme sense of urgency - this is an "always available and on-call" role.
* Ability to quickly master the intricacies of GHS supported systems in Pharmacy, Hearing Aid, Optical and CWT.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both technical and business audiences is mandatory. Able to present complex ideas and designs to a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders for both Costco and external audiences.
* Must have strong planning and organizational qualities, providing accurate and detailed documentation and instructions to both technical and non-technical personnel.
* Positive attitude with good interpersonal skills, a team player; Able to work cooperatively with others, sharing ideas and collaborating to obtain team goals.
* Ability to adjust positively to change in direction or assignments and able to work in a fast paced and dynamic team environment aligning IS and GHS objectives with Team's performance and operations goals.
* Some US travel expected to support warehouse GHS departments, Mail Order, Central Fill and depot locations.
* Demonstrates a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritization while effectively teaching and mentoring other members of the GHS teams.
* Able to work well under stress and handle crisis situations professionally while engaging all levels of the Costco organization as a GHS team player.
* Possess good organizational, time, and project management skills, with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and stay well organized.
* Provide rotating On-Call support, including Evening and Weekend, holiday and other duties for issues escalated from the Service Desk as needed for tasks and projects.
* Current Work experience with Costco environments, infrastructure or data management.
* Understanding of Pharmacy and Hearing Aid Software/Hardware lifecycle management.
* Current work experience with Pharmacy and Hearing Aid Software/Hardware environments and infrastructure.
* Knowledge of HIPAA regulations for transactions, security and confidentiality.
* Functional knowledge of Costco IT systems and procedures, with the ability to support, install and remove, configure and service IT environments, computer equipment at Warehouses, Depots, Corporate and regional offices.
* Bilingual in English and Spanish is beneficial.
* Good understanding of IS tools, resources and applications supporting physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.
About Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.