Project Manager Senior-(Technical) -TS/SCI w/Poly
Req #: 222412
Location: Fairfax, VA US
Job Category: Project and Program Management
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
CACI is seeking a Technical Project Manager to be responsible for engineering projects that span networking and satellite systems. The project manager will coordinate with a technical team in order to plan, design, build, test, and deploy mission critical systems. The Project Manager will provide support to a project management office for a Government customer providing a global wide area network (WAN) including satellite systems. The successful candidate will become a trusted advisor to a mission-oriented engineering team, facilitating and coordinating efforts spanning the globe.
Job duties and functions include: Conduct project management within the Project Management Framework (PMF) utilizing organizationally adapted PMP methods and best practices. Lead a team of Project Managers. Enforce governance of Project Management Framework. Work closely with the Chief of Engineering, the Enterprise Architect, and other stakeholders to ensure projects are prioritized and managed according to the PMF. Lead efforts to improve project management and project scheduling. Oversee the development of a Master Schedule for all active Engineering projects. Coordinate matrixed technical support from multiple departments to accomplish organizational projects.
* 8+ years of IT, systems, or software engineering experience including 3 or more years of project leadership
* Excellent communication skills in technical, business, and client interactions
* Proven ability in coordinating with a matrixed team comprised of one or more of the following disciplines: Systems, Software, or Network Engineering
* Proven ability as a process advocate and SME
* Demonstrated ability to manage, coordinate, and convey recommended IT solutions for and to clients
* Proven formal Risk Management experience, based on industry best practices (ITIL, PMP, or INCOSE)
* Experience working in a dynamic and collaborative environment
* Experience working with an integrated master schedule for several projects.
* Experience developing Business and Systems requirements
* Requirements Management experience
* Knowledge and awareness of Earned Value PMP practices (SPI and CPI)
* TS/SCI with Poly required and must be within five years of the last investigation.
* PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
* Experience with Microsoft Project Server
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and 12 to 15 years of experience, including three to five years of supervisory/management experience. For this position, a bachelor's degree or equivalent with 8 years of experience or a master's degree with 6 years is acceptable.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.