Live Nation Entertainment
Who we are.
We're fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just a ticketing and technology platform, we're the dedicated team members who work to enrich lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Why you should work with us.
Our biggest investment is in our people. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create and celebrate a culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. That is why we're committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce by fostering a truly inclusive community.
We offer comprehensive health benefits, 401k matching and student loan assistance, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and targeted development sessions to help all eligible employees thrive. At Ticketmaster, expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader - with plenty of ticket perks on the side.
See what it's like working at Ticketmaster.
We are looking for a strong Project Manager who can thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on supporting development teams that deliver applications and services for both B2B and B2C. We're committed to providing the best technology to ensure our clients and fans have the best experience possible. We are seeking candidates who are proactive, self-starters and have a proven track record of delivering world-class products. Project Managers participate in design sessions, work closely with product & other non-technical staff, create necessary documentation, and, while programming ability is not required, qualified candidates are expected to have a working knowledge of the elements behind modern service-oriented software architectures to be able to assess dependencies and vet solutions.
Ticketmaster is in the midst of an exciting Lean transformation change initiative and the team is actively adopting these principles. We're looking for an accomplished professional who possesses the passion, experience, skills and abilities to help drive this transformation. You should be well versed in the application of Agile software development processes, including inception, estimation, grooming, story slicing, planning, stand-ups, and retrospectives. You're experienced in managing change and comfortable contributing positively to the incorporation of Lean principles.
What the job is:
* Responsible for definition, planning, execution and closure of programs or large-scale projects in a fast-paced environment across multiple engineering teams
* Identify and resolve changes in program / project scope, schedules and resource requirements
* Proactively identify and communicate risks; work with subject matter experts to develop and implement risk mitigation plans
* Prioritize and track issues and create remediation plans for resolution of impediments in priority order
* Report on project status clearly, consistently and reliably to executive management and team members
* Maintain project documentation in an appropriate project repository for easy access by stakeholders
* Excellent communication and presentation skills with technical, non-technical, and executive audiences.
* Drive change within the team as we adopt Lean principles and Agile/Kanban best practices.
* Ability to plan, organize and proctor efficient meetings through preparation and stakeholder subscription and possess an innate ability to guide a group towards agreed upon objectives
* Ability to bridge communication and provide clear and concise status updates with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders
* Own tracking and resolution of team blockers and issues
* Leverage retrospective meetings to continuously improve team performance
* Maintain accurate project reporting information and up-to-date project assets and metrics
* Provide accurate and up-to-date forecasts leveraging Agile tools and techniques
* Able to train delivery teams and Engineering Leadership on Lean / Agile best practices
* Able to adjust delivery approach, language and level of detail to meet audience needs; foster relationships even under difficult circumstances
* Able to walk delivery teams thru various assessments, track outcomes, identify areas for improvement and demonstrate improvements at a future assessment
* Able to successfully coach delivery teams to structure and deliver to maximize business value and team velocity
What a qualified candidate should possess:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* 3-5 years of experience in Agile Project Management
* Demonstrated experience with large-scale, complex, cross discipline technology projects, including scope definition, schedule development and management, communications and stakeholder engagement activities
* Experience with Agile/Kanban and Lean principles preferred. Working knowledge of waterfall is also a plus so that the gap between the two methodologies can be bridged effectively.
* Experience with Continuous Delivery preferred
* Understanding of relevant technical concepts and design
* PMP certification is a plus
* Certified Scrum Master (CSM) a plus
* Working knowledge of both Jira and Confluence a plus
Ideal Personal Characteristics:
* Innate capability to create order out of chaos
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with interpersonal and influencing skills (at all levels internally, externally and cross-functionally)
* Establishes and develops relationships and partnerships with internal and external team members
* Detail oriented with strong time management and organizational skills
* Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
* Able to manage competing priorities with little supervisory input
* Flexible and responsive to changing situations
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Self-motivated and focused achieving results
* Can recognize and acknowledge the value of other's contributions, emotions and able to respond with empathy
* Desire to work in fast-paced, multi-task, fluid environment capable of reacting instantly to changes in a competitive business environment
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Ticketmaster recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Ticketmaster may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
About Live Nation Entertainment
Live Nation Entertainment is an entertainment company.