Live Nation Entertainment
Who we are.
We're fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Why you should work with us.
Our biggest investment is in our people. We offer comprehensive health benefits and 401k matching, student loan assistance, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and targeted development sessions to help all eligible employees thrive. At Ticketmaster, expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader - with plenty of ticket perks on the side.
See what it's like working at Ticketmaster.
What the job is:
* Implementing scalable distributed systems used by fans during peak hours
* Coming up with creative solutions that improve the fan experience and provide the business with critical insight
* Contributing to systems design and architectural decisions that utilize streaming, containerization technologies, and serverless components
* Working with a team of passionate engineers, committed to Agile development,
* Participating in code reviews, pair programming, helping your peers, and knowing when to ask for help
Our job descriptions evolve with our business need and priorities. In addition to the description above, your role may include additional projects and team support as needed.
What a qualified candidate should possess:
* 6+ years professional software engineering experience
* 3+ years experience developing with NodeJS, using ES7+, npm, and frameworks such as Express or Koa
* 3+ years experience developing with Java, using Maven and frameworks like Spring Boot or NetBeans
* Experience working with service-oriented architectures and microservices
* Experience building serverless applications on AWS using Lambda, Kinesis, SQS, S3, DynamoDB
* Comfort with behavior-driven development and automation testing with Cucumber/Gherkin
* Familiarity with containerization technologies including Docker and Kubernetes
* Fluency in both object-oriented and functional programming styles
* Strong grasp of data structures and algorithm design
* Experience building highly performant web services and applications - tasks that are easy at low scale can be incredibly challenging at Ticketmaster's scale so performance tuning and fault-tolerant architecture design are necessary
* Strong communication skills and ability to be a supportive team member
* Willingness to learn new technologies and apply them in novel ways
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Ticketmaster recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Ticketmaster may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
About Live Nation Entertainment
Live Nation Entertainment is an entertainment company.