The Project Manager is responsible for managing projects throughout the Allocation Dept.
Project Management and Administration
* Maintain standards for project management across the Allocation department. For each project, the Project Manager will oversee the collection of business requirements, functional design, test planning, and test execution.
* Work with Allocation business partners and cross functionally to define project objectives, timelines, and project budgets
* Partner with the Project Stakeholders, Development, Support, & Training; assigning tasks accordingly. Ensure all parties are being kept informed and are aligned on each of their contributions to the project
* They will work closely with Allocation Directors and VPs to set and manage expectations throughout the project. Escalate analysis, input, and recommendations to appropriate business partners
* Present project status of the Allocation project portfolio and discuss project resourcing to Allocation Leadership weekly. Capture changes in direction and incorporate them into projects.
* Make recommendations to align project priorities across the Allocation department with business needs
* Provide coaching and feedback to direct reports on daily tasks
* Follow up on career development and coaching in a timely manner
* Conduct and manage the performance processes to identify key areas for associate development, ensuring fair and time-bound measurement and assessment of goals throughout focal year
* Partner with associates to develop an Individual Development Plan (IDP) that supports them in developing key areas and achieving career goals
* Analysis and Judgment
* Drive for Results
* Interpersonal and Team Effectiveness
* Customer Service
* Business Acumen
* Change Management
* Project Management
* People Management
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Bachelor's Degree or at least 3-5 years relevant work experience
* Advanced MS Excel skills including: Advanced formulas (vlookup, nested ifs, etc.) and Report design (data orientation, formatting, etc.)
* Experience creating report mock-ups and wire-frames
* Experience facilitating meetings with Sr. Leadership audiences
* Experience managing people and projects for diverse audiences.
* Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
* Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
* Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
* Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
* Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
* Project Analyst
* Sr. Project Analyst
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
About Ross Stores
Ross Stores is a chain of off-price retail apparel and home fashion stores.