Ross Stores, Inc.
The Senior Systems Administrator is an experienced IT systems analyst responsible for supporting the enterprise network infrastructure. This position is an excellent opportunity for career-minded and goal-oriented individuals. This role provides broad exposure to diverse network technology platforms and highly-available and highly-scalable enterprise networks. As such, the individual will be challenged by implementing new solutions and supporting the existing environment. The role requires solid understanding of core enterprise networking protocols.
* Assist in the architecture of new network/network security related solutions ensuring they are compatible with the company's business needs and strategic objectives.
* Review and analyze new requests, work with IT partners, vendors, and business leaders to understand network communication needs; Develop solutions and recommendations for business initiatives based on application requirements.
* Analyze telecom/network performance, reacting to operational performance, and business-wide telecom/network issues; Participate on the L2/L3 production support team; Help identify and develop efficiency opportunities.
* Maintain network health monitoring and alerting tools.
* Maintain network infrastructure hardward including ongoing software / firmware patches or upgrades and analysis.
* Develops and implements policies and procedures relative to Wi-Fi and Network Access Control
* Work with managed service providers, telecommunication providers, and other infrastructure teams.
* Problem Solving
* Dealing with Ambiguity
* Customer Focus
* Time Management
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related experience
* 5 - 10 years hands on networking experience; Candidate must have extensive experience with DNS, DHCP, SNMP, and TCP/IP, LAN and WAN routing protocol (BGP, OSPF, EiGRP), Cisco Routing and switching, Cisco Nexus, Citrix Netscaler, Juniper JUNOS, Silverpeak WAN Optimization.
* Hands-on experience with network wireless site survey tools. Hands-on with Wireless Network and Network Access Control technology is preferred.
* Excellent written and verbal communication; must be able to communicate technical solutions to senior management
* Motivated by the desire to make a difference in the business, to work with a highly talented set of peers, and to work on interesting projects
* Outstanding work ethic; displays a high sense of urgency to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
* Be available for rotation assignment for on-call support duties.
* A high sense of responsibility - to our customers, our business partners, our colleagues, and to the quality and timeliness of one's own work; a willingness to "do what it takes" to support our company's systems - sometimes during non-standard work hours
* Displays business and organizational maturity
* Team oriented, yet able to work independently; very self-motivated
* A continual desire and capability to learn
* Highly organized and detail oriented
* Hands-on experience with Cisco Call Manager
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Job occasionally requires bending, kneeling, reaching, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Job occasionally requires driving and/or traveling overnight for business functions or site visits.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Ross Stores is a chain of off-price retail apparel and home fashion stores.
Ross Stores, Inc.