Responsible for leading team to deliver and support Supply Chain applications including warehouse management and transportation. Guide or lead evaluation, selection/development, and implementation of solutions to meet Supply Chain business needs. Visible role with IT executives and directly interface with business community.
He/she will have deep expertise around supply chain best practices in the various aspects of IT, technology trends, retail knowledge and ability to conceive solutions to implement key business strategies. Proven track record and ability to balance desired solution end-state within program constraints and with a pragmatic lens.
* Responsible for Supply Chain project portfolio focusing on warehouse management and transportation management.
* Build high performing team of managers, analysts, and contractors by managing workload, delegating projects, training and developing the organization through hiring and coaching.
* Partner with Supply Chain business leads to understand business needs and to ensure system requirements are met.
* Project Delivery: Coordinates project team's efforts in the support of existing production systems and in the execution of new supply system projects, ensuring that:
* Detailed project plans are created, covering the entire systems development life cycle, and associated project budgets
* Requirements are defined accurately
* Systems are designed/coded or purchased that meet the defined requirements, and that execute efficiently
* Test plans and training plans are designed and executed successfully
* Build/QA an implementation plan, approach and cutover plan to coordinate and roll out solutions across stores/business units. All required system and user documentation is created accurately.
* Projects are completed on time and under budget and that anticipated business benefits are achieved.
* Direct daily IT operations for the assigned area and provide leadership and management support by responding to production issues as a priority.
* Build and maintain key vendor relationships, budgets, and schedule with project managers.
* Review systems and practices to ensure compliance in procedures, regulations and standards and continual improvement.
* Supervise and mentor direct reports and administer goals and reviews.
* Drive Results
* Dealing with Ambiguity
* Conflict Management
* Managing and Measuring Others
* Developing Direct Reports & Others
* Technical Competence / Expertise
* Customer Focus
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
* At least 10 to 15 years' IT experience progressive responsibility and influence
* At least 5 years implementing supply chain technologies
* Five years of direct personnel management and proven ability to develop and inspire team members
* Broad knowledge of supply chain processes, major supply chain applications, and key platform vendors
* Strong analytical ability, judgment and problem analysis techniques
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal and ability to effectively operate with VP and above executives
* Demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of strategic, large-scale supply chain business applications
* Ability to work with teams that are geographically distributed and work across different time zones
* Demonstrated ability to execute financial analysis, such as TCO models and ROI
* Technically competent in supply chain systems
* Some travel may be required.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Managing the recruitment, retention, and career development of internal staff
Managing, mentoring, and leading professional services staff as needed
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
About Ross Stores
Ross Stores is a chain of off-price retail apparel and home fashion stores.