Ross Stores, Inc.
The Lead Application Analyst - Planning is responsible for working on complex planning systems projects and issues where he or she will determine methods and procedures to solve business problems. They will coordinate with other resources both internal and external, and provide insight and leadership as required to deliver to commitments. Areas of focus include troubleshooting, user support, information management, relationship management, development lifecycle, technical operations, documenting requirements and project management activities.
* Develop partnerships with New York based Planning business partners as well as internal IT teams. Act as a liaison between technical and business teams to understand, troubleshoot, interpret and advise on technical questions or business use cases.
* Work with Merchandising & Planning portfolio leadership to develop strategic IT plan and align\build organization to deliver. Coach and develop resources as necessary.
* Manage meetings, issue resolution, escalation, etc. for the teams during the complete lifecycle of all assigned projects.
* Develop materials and deliver / present to senior leadership.
* Drive test planning and execution throughout all phases of testing (i.e. unit, end-to-end, integration, performance, operational readiness, user acceptance) for all assigned projects.
* Lead creation and review of all test-related deliverables including test approach, test plan, test scenarios, test cases/conditions, test scripts, and test results.
* Routinely manage user acceptance testing for moderate to complex projects and obtain sign-off from the business.
* Partner with the business and Allocation portfolio leadership to manage business demand.
SUBSET SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS:
* Drive the execution of the release and deployment plans with all stakeholders.
* Drive others and self to create and deliver project status reports.
* Analyze ambiguous and complex risks and recommend mitigations and improvement approaches.
* Analysis and Judgment
* Technical Competence
* Presentation and training abilities
* Customer Service
* Business/Retail Allocation Acumen
* Interpersonal Effectiveness
* Drive for Results
* Motivating Others
* Dealing with Ambiguity
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in Business, Economics or Computer Science, or an equivalent diploma
* 8 years of experience in the IT field or equivalent work experience with retail planning systems.
* Ability to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and coordinate activities of other associates
* Ability to exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to all levels of the organization
* Ability to network with key contacts outside of own area of expertise
* Advanced application of productivity suite software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
* Working knowledge and hand-on experience with JDA Enterprise Planning and/or JDA Performance Analysis
* Experience with using MS Project and SharePoint
* Solid level of working business knowledge
* Working knowledge of retail merchandising, allocation and distribution.
* Basic SQL and data modeling skills is a plus
* Track record of delivering projects on time and within budget.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Ross Stores is a chain of off-price retail apparel and home fashion stores.
Ross Stores, Inc.