University of Southern California
The University of Southern California's Institute for Creative Technologies (ICT) is an off campus research facility, located on a creative business campus in the "Silicon Beach" neighborhood of Playa Vista. We are world leaders in innovative training and education solutions, computer graphics, computer simulations, and immersive experiences for decision-making, cultural awareness, leadership and health. ICT Employees are encouraged to develop themselves both professionally and personally, through workshops, invited guest talks, movie nights, social events, a private gym and a personal trainer. The atmosphere at ICT is relaxed, informal and flexible, while encouraging initiative, personal responsibility and a high work ethic.
We are currently seeking a highly skilled Programmer Analyst III to join our Mixed Reality (MxR) Lab. The MxR Lab is part of the USC Institute for Creative Technologies and performs research and development into new techniques and technologies to improve immersive virtual and augmented reality. Research and prototypes focus on immersive systems for education, training, simulation, and visualizations that incorporate both real and virtual elements. This specific position will involve design, development, and test of a Unity game engine based virtual reality simulation to study human-robot interaction. The project may involve integration with other software, such as VOIP libraries, motion capture libraries, ROS, etc. Head mounted displays, such as the HTC Vive, will be used.
This position will develop, test, and install new software applications, and enhance functionality of existing applications; perform work of moderate complexity, handling most activities individually or under general supervision of senior programming staff.
* Developing applications and native plugins for Unity and integrating 3rd party libraries into Unity.
* Experience developing 3D interactive virtual or augmented reality applications using head mounted displays.
* Experience with computer vision, machine learning, and other AI algorithms.
* Experience with aerial drones, robotic simulations, physics simulations, and the Robot Operating System (ROS).
* 5+ years of Unity development experience.
* Robotics, control theory and inverse kinematics.
* Machine learning for gesture/pattern recognition and classification.
* Comfortable with public, high profile demonstrations, talks, presentations, and interviews.
* Bachelor of Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
Why work at ICT:
* Work on exciting and engaging projects that have real-life impact.
* Small project team environment allows for involvement across entire project lifecycle.
* A quality work-life balance.
* Meet interesting people from all walks of life - technologists, social scientists, military, writers.
* Opportunities for free, top-tier university education for you and your children.
* Located in the heart of Silicon Beach.
* Great benefits - medical to matched retirement http://benefits.usc.edu/
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined work experience and education as equivalent
Minimum Experience: 3 years, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise: Sound knowledge of programming and documentation procedures, programming methods, program flow charts and operator instructions. Knowledge of one or more appropriate computer languages. Competent to work independently on complex programming activities.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC's Clery Act Annual Security Report
Required Legal Notices
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser:
About University of Southern California
University of Southern California is a research university.
University of Southern California