University Of Southern California
The KSOM Finance Department is seeking a SQL Business Intelligence/Web Developer to join its team.
This position will be responsible for:
* Integration of data from multiple data sources on a regular basis.
* Design and implement supporting database objects: fact & dimension tables, staging areas and data integration packages with validation plans for all stages
* Design and implement changes to Microsoft Analysis services Tabular cube and reports with validation plans
* Developing new user-facing features for reporting.
* In collaboration with business partners, design and implement reports in Microsoft Sql Server Reporting Services, Power BI, Power Pivot and Excel, with corresponding validation plans.
* Developing new user-facing features for data entry.
* Design and implement supporting database objects
* Optimization of applications for maximum speed, scalability and security
Successful Candidates Must Demonstrate:
* 5 years of Microsoft Sql Server design and architecture experience for data warehouse and data marts using Microsoft Sql Server, Analysis services (Tabular/Dax) and Integration services (SSIS)
* 5 years of Microsoft Sql Server programming for scalable and secure application and reporting support, including examination of query plans; designing and implementing appropriate indexing or partitions strategies for scalability; design and implementation of stored procedures, functions (UDFs), triggers, parsing of XML & JSON data structures; design, implementation and testing of application and object level security, row level filtering security
* 5 years of Microsoft Analysis Services (SSAS Tabular) design and architecture experience for reporting using star or snowflake schemas, slowly changing dimensions, normalized and denormalized dimensions.
* 5 years of reporting with Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS) with DAX, Excel and Power BI
* 3 years of designing, implementing and maintaining Master data with Microsoft Master Data Services and appropriate EIM processes
Required Documents to Upload:
* Cover Letter
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined work experience and education as equivalent
Minimum Experience: 3 years, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise: Sound knowledge of programming and documentation procedures, programming methods, program flow charts and operator instructions. Knowledge of one or more appropriate computer languages. Competent to work independently on complex programming activities.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC's Clery Act Annual Security Report
Required Legal Notices
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser:
About University Of Southern California
University of Southern California (USC) is a research university specializing in arts, technology, and international business.