University of Southern California
The USC Office of Research is seeking a Programmer Analyst I to join its team. Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Applications, the Programmer Analyst will help manage and extend existing business process management programs for online submission and review of research. The Programmer Analyst will be responsible for applications that support regulatory committees (such as the IRB or IACUC) and will perform systems analysis under the direction of more experienced programming staff. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate interested in gaining experience with online business process management systems and support. Due to the sensitivity of research work, a high level of professionalism is required.
* Assists in the ongoing technical support of research regulatory systems through email and phone calls with users (e.g. faculty researchers and staff)
* Analyzes, assesses, and modifies existing programs to make improvements
* Performs thorough quality assurance on changes made to the systems
* Documents, creates, updates, and maintains policies and procedures
* Makes suggestions, based on daily operations, on how to improve processes within the department
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
* 1+ years of experience in applications programming or support
* Ability to provide excellent customer service and interact professionally with all levels of an environment of academia
* Excellent oral and verbal communication skills
* Possess an analytical and inquisitive disposition and to follow through tasks to completion
* Previous experience and knowledge of research practices and processes
* Previous experience in workflow development, documenting, creating and maintaining policies and procedures
* Familiarity with object-oriented programming, such as C# or C++
* Bachelor's degree
* Combined work experience and education as equivalent
* 0 - 6 months
Minimum Field of Expertise:
* General knowledge of programming and documentation procedures and programming
methods and operator instructions.
* Knowledge of one or more appropriate computer languages.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC's Clery Act Annual Security Report
Required Legal Notices
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser:
About University of Southern California
University of Southern California (USC) is a research university specializing in arts, technology, and international business.
University of Southern California