University of Southern California
Computer Services Consultant II
USC Marshall School of Business
Responsibilities and Duties
The Computer Services Consultant II provides support to Marshall's faculty, staff, students and alumni on software, hardware and account issues as they relate to Marshall and USC computing systems. Core duties include:
* Provides in-person and remote technical support and consultation to faculty, staff and students on software, hardware and accounts issues.
* Provides in classroom technical support to end users.
* Monitors help desk ticketing system and assigns work to other IT Support Consultants.
* Fields direct emails and phone calls from users regarding technology issues.
* Installs and troubleshoots software and hardware for users.
* Coordinates with USC's central technology departments to trouble shoot technology issues.
* Performs backup and system restore procedures.
* Serves as primary point of contact for designated user groups on campus (e.g., MBA students, Apple Users, etc.).
* Provides technology orientations to incoming student groups.
* Tests new applications and programs either written in-house or purchased third party to ensure compatibility with the Marshall/USC environments.
* Educates faculty, staff and students on computer related topics (new software, new hardware, system compatibilities).
* Position may start in an evening shift but will eventually join the schedule rotation in place for all Marshall technicians.
* 5+ years' experience in serving in an IT support role.
* Demonstrated experience with networks, workstations, wireless communication, security software and procedures.
* Working knowledge of hardware, software, operating systems and visual peripherals used in a business school environment.
* Demonstrated experience with ServiceNow or other ticketing systems.
* Ability to work independently with little supervision.
* Ability to work with and manage the expectations of diverse and vocal stakeholders in a diplomatic fashion.
* Ability to drive within the State of California.
* ITIL V3 certification
* Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
* Minimum Experience: 2 years
* Minimum Field of Expertise: Knowledge of computing environments. Experience with networks, workstations, wireless communication, security software and procedures. Working knowledge of associated hardware, software, operating systems, and peripherals.
Required Documents and Additional Information
* Resume and cover letter required (may be uploaded as one file). Please do not submit your application without these documents.
* Job openings are posted for a minimum of five calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended, so please apply on the same business day if interested.
* USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff and their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans with employer contributions after six months of employment; tuition benefits for staff and their family; free Professional Development classes; central Los Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains, buses and free tram pick up services; discounts to sporting and other campus events.
* The University of Southern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity.
Why join Marshall School of Business?
The USC Marshall School of Business is ideally positioned to address the challenges of a rapidly changing business environment and is ranked as one of the country's top schools for accounting, finance, marketing, consulting, entrepreneurship and international business studies.
USC Marshall builds on the unique opportunities that stem from its Los Angeles location on the Pacific Rim, its interdisciplinary and impactful research, the momentum generated by the University of Southern California, and the unparalleled engagement of the Trojan Alumni Family. With ready access to industries defining the new business frontier, including bio-technology, life sciences, media, entertainment, communications and healthcare, this vast network offers USC Marshall graduates exceptionally strong support for success in the global marketplace.
For more information on the USC Marshall School of Business, visit: www.marshall.usc.edu.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Knowledge of computing environments. Experience with networks, workstations, wireless communication, security software and procedures. Working knowledge of associated hardware, software, operating systems, and peripherals.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC's Clery Act Annual Security Report
Required Legal Notices
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser:
About University of Southern California
University of Southern California is a research university.
University of Southern California