University of Southern California
The USC Stevens Neuroimaging and Informatics Institute Center for Integrative Connectomics
(USC INI CIC) develops multimodal connectomes of the mammalian brain. Our multidisciplinary
group furthermore advances understanding of connectivity patterns under conditions of
underlying health and disease. We employ a unique computational approach to systematically
reveal the way brain structures organize, communicate, and influence behavior.
USC INI CIC wants you to help us with a new and historic collaboration, focused on
characterizing neuronal cell types based on their connectivity, shape and genetic profile. This
Programmer Analyst position will focus on web publication and visualization development. In
addition, you will help determine the format of the data, and elements of the processing
An Agile team of faculty, staff programmers and laboratory technicians is currently in place, and
has previously built smaller scale, similarly functioning workflows. Our team employs frequent
collection of feedback, rapid prototyping and a high degree of test coverage. If you find an
engaging, multidisciplinary environment to be appealing, you will do well here.
Duties include but are not limited to:
* Following design specifications to code, test, debug, install, document, and maintain
* Developing new and enhanced functionality for software applications.
* Interfacing with users to determine their software application objectives, scope and
* Performing work of moderate complexity and handling most activities under general
supervision of more experienced programming staff.
* 1+ years full-stack web development experience including front-end, back-end.
* Experience with a Spring MVC framework is preferred.
* Experience with a Hibernate ORM and a knowledge of persistence with aRDBMS is
* Experience writing and shipping code with a modern web application framework
(preferably: AngularJS, Vue, Angular).
* Experience with a RDBMS (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL).
* Experience with version control fundamentals (e.g. GIT, SVN).
* Experience with Agile methodology.
* Experience with Test-Driven Development and Continuous Integration.
* Experience with Docker is a plus.
* Strong understanding of fundamental web service technologies including XML, JSON,
SOA, and REST is highly preferred.
* Strong software integration experience.
* Good taste with respect to code quality.
* Passionate about performance, reliability and scalability.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined work experience and education as equivalent
Minimum Experience: 0 - 6 months
Minimum Field of Expertise: General knowledge of programming and documentation procedures and programming methods and operator instructions. Knowledge of one or more appropriate computer languages.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC's Clery Act Annual Security Report
Required Legal Notices
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser:
About University of Southern California
University of Southern California is a research university.
University of Southern California