Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by facilitating the planning, establishment, execution and evaluation of a complex, multi-year, multifaceted cross-functional programs. Negotiates for human, financial and other resources, liaises with external and internal suppliers and sponsor-clients on program-related matters and provides professional guidance and leadership to project teams to realize the strategic business vision or desired result. Coordinates multiple projects within the program in accordance with established standards and best practices. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
* Promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results and will be recognized as a leader by peers
* Identifies the needs of senior management, including ways to overcome adversity
* Guides the team in thinking through complex and ambiguous issues, identifies creative information sources and pushes the team to develop new insights.
* Reviews and provides guidance to cross-functional sub-teams in developing robust and detailed work plans
Planning and Execution
* Consults with the sponsoring business unit or units in the development of a clearly articulated vision, mission, business case and resulting Program Charter for the program. Works cross-functionally with business partners, Information Technology partners, suppliers and other teams to ensure successful execution of the program. Ensures projects within the program comply with established company standards.
* Develops an integrated plan that includes program deliverables, strategic alignment, total revenue, profit opportunity, enterprise-wide impacts, milestones, risks, assumptions, constraints and overall program investment. Updates program plans, priorities, and project sequencing as needed. Partners with, communicates to, and educates client groups on changes in policies and practices within the organization
* Monitors project execution to ensure that key milestones and financial parameters are met and that projects are delivered effectively to achieve the overall goals and objectives of the program. Communicates program status to participants and stakeholders accurately and on time. Escalates to ensure issues are resolved, as needed. Ensures program governance.
* Oversees the financial well-being of the program by analyzing cost effectiveness and exercising cost controls. Develops and monitors the program's budget. Works with business unit to secure funding for program requirements.
* Provides functional expertise and executes on functional responsibilities
* Ensures all project teams working on the program understand and work toward accomplishing the business vision, goals and objectives of the program. Analyzes and evaluates project interdependencies and their impacts to the program. Recommends and implements program improvements to meet changing mission parameters and requirements.
* Creates structured presentations illustrating key business issues, new insights and recommendations.
* Develops strong working relationships with sponsoring executives related to project work
* Develops and updates the communication materials used for sell-in to internal management and key partners, and to educate various constituents
Partner Development & Team Building
* Challenges and inspires partners to achieve business results
* Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to extended team members in order to achieve partner, business and customer results
Summary of Experience
* At least 8 years of supply chain experience; 2 years in consulting preferred
* Business experience in large, matrixed organizations
* 4 years developing and delivering presentations to executive audiences
* Master's in business administration or equivalent work experience
* 4 years of managing complex large-scale business or technology implementation projects
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Innovative, insatiably curious, keen critical thinking skills
* Flexible and creative thinker with the ability to define business tradeoffs, generate out-of-the-box solutions and manage uncertainty
* Strong analytical ability with detailed financial and statistical understanding
* Excellent presentation and written communication skills; experience presenting to and dialoging with senior management level audiences. Ability to present complicated material in a concise and effective way. PowerPoint proficiency and storytelling skills required.
* Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
* Ability to simplify and structure complex and ambiguous problems
* Project management skills for large and complex problems involving multiple, cross-functional sub-teams. Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible
* Ethical rigor and unyielding integrity
* Strong attention to detail
* Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
Starbucks is a chain of restaurants that retails handcrafted coffee, tea, and fresh food items.