Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by building advanced analytic services and solutions. This position is responsible for designing and implementing high performance stream processing pipelines to enable real-time business analytics. This position reports into our Business Intelligence and data services (BIDS) Group.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
* Deliver streaming analytics capabilities that enable smart and optimized business operations
* Be an agile team player
* Develop software following devops best practices and tools
* Develop and maintain documentation relating to all assigned systems and projects.
Summary of Experience
* Machine learning enabled analytics Application development and programming experience
* Builds, documents, and tests changes to an application subsystem. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and implements complex software applications. Creates more complex prototypes and ensures deliverables are high quality and meet user expectations. Supports system and integration testing activities. Initiates design reviews for new applications and adheres to software development standards.
* Resolves and helps mitigate production application issues and assists less experienced application developers as needed. Works with other business and technology teams to support resolution of end-user inquiries. Contributes to the documentation of production support processes. Anticipates long term support issues and plans for corrective actions. May perform root cause analysis to identify permanent resolutions to software or business process issues
* Strong communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to work effectively in a team environment are required
* Bachelor¹s degree (MS or higher preferred) in computer science, management information systems, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
* Strong development experience with Java, Object-Oriented Programming, and Scala is a must
* Knowledge of distributed programming, actor programming model, AKKA and Spark Stream processing is a plus
* Knowledge of SQL and No-SQL database platforms is a plus
* Experience building large-scale data pipelines for real-time analytics solutions is a plus
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Knowledge and experience in applying and implementing machine learning and AI technologies for retail domains is a plus
* Development exposure on Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, NoSQL and other distributed environment technologies based on the needs of the organization.
* Experience and/or deep knowledge of social data analytics, personalization, IOT is a plus
* Must have experience working with different machine learning algorithms
* Experience working with cloud infrastructure and tools is a plus.
* Exposure to DEVOPS environment is a plus.
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA , veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com
Starbucks is a chain of restaurants that retails handcrafted coffee, tea and fresh food items.