Job Summary and Mission
This position contributes to Starbucks success by guiding business decisions through utilizing data analysis and consulting that results in predicting outcomes, understanding complex data relationships, and developing quantitative models for Information Protection Services. This position partners on a cross-functional team of risk analysts, information security engineers, and data security analysts supporting strategic initiatives utilizing data within information risk and security technologies to to support the mission, vision, and values of the Information Protection Services team in its role of protecting the Starbucks brand from security, compliance, and privacy threats.
Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
* Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
* Extracts data from various databases; performs exploratory data analysis, cleanses, massages, and aggregates data
* Applies basic statistical concepts and descriptive statistics to understand and describe relationships in data
* Builds predictive models and complex descriptive analytics, such as clustering and market basket analysis
* Participates in discussions with business partners to define business question and to consult
* Creates impactful visual representations of analytic insights and concise summaries of methodology geared to audience needs; presents selected portions to stakeholders
* Provides analytic support (code documentation, data transformations, algorithms, etc.) to Information Protection Services to implement analytic insights and recommendations into information security and risk program and processes
* Contributes to analytic project proposals
* Promotes and advocates for value of analytics and data among peers
* Mentors others analysts in databases, tools, access, data prep techniques
Summary of Experience
* Experience in the data analysis field or similar discipline, (1 year)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
* Exposure and experience in several Modeling & Machine Learning Techniques (regression, tree models, survival analysis, cluster analysis, forecasting, anomaly detection, association rules, etc.)
* Exposure and experience in several data ETL (Teradata, Oracle, SQL, Python, Java, Ruby, Pig)
* Exposure and experience in several analytic languages (R, SAS, SPSS, Stata)
* Big data processing techniques, preferred
* Experience with information security, risk or threat management principles, preferred
Starbucks is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals; including minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, and regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
Starbucks is a chain of restaurants that retails handcrafted coffee, tea, and fresh food items.