Job Summary and Mission
If you've got what it takes to help support the Roastery technology ecosystem for one of the most iconic brands in the world, we'd like to talk to you.
As a Systems Administrator Senior - Starbucks Technology, you will be the onsite presence working as part of a team focused on supporting technology in the Siren Retail locations within a geographic "ecosystem". This typically includes a Roastery, a Princi Kitchen, and one or more Princi Bakeries and Reserve stores. On an on-going basis, this position will provide support to a wide variety of retail, digital, and manufacturing technology. You will identify root causes of operational issues on new/existing technology solutions to resolve them and help develop tools and scripts to facilitate maintenance and administration. You will also be responsible for planning and execution of small to medium-scale projects supported by Starbucks Technology teams and under the direction of the manager. You will also be the point of contact for all technology issues at the roastery and will work with other technology teams/vendors to resolve issues.
This role requires deep technical proficiency in distributed retail systems, as well as a working knowledge of enterprise-scale systems and cloud-based systems.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
* Works with infrastructure teams to identify tactical solutions to use cases for support and/or implementation.
* Helps to outline support and sustainment model for service(s) being implemented.
* Installation of Network and Hardware(MDF) within Roasteries.
* Support the manufacturing MES software.
* Work with manufacturing automation team on supporting the PLC's and control applications.
* Assist with Wi-Fi implementation, testing and setup.
* Support roastery retail technology hardware's including store Handheld POS devices, fixed POS registers, laptops, desktops, POS, scanners, printers, LED displays, Projectors and Screens etc.
* Provide guidance on implementation through the lens of Operational Sustainability.
* Works within team, across IT, with business, with 3rd party vendors or systems.
* Assists as an escalation point for roastery team in incident resolution leveraging pre-defined work instructions for issue remediation.
* Leads investigation of root cause analysis for incidents, engaging vendors where needed.
* Troubleshooting, audit, system health queries via custom scripts or performance monitoring software.
* Patching/updates for OS, firmware or software components; this could include hardware replacement coordination.
* Gather metrics reporting such as trend analysis on recurring incident types.
* Collaboration with other technical service teams to manage, maintain, and resolve complex IT services.
* Hardware, software, OS implementation, design and sustainment.
* Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency, automate manual tasks, and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
* Continuous Process Improvement though assessing OS and HW technologies, releases and upgrades.
Summary of Experience
* 6 years of relevant experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Experience working in a high capacity, highly scalable distributed computing environment
* Proven ability to participate with other functional teams in systems integration and design including writing operational specifications, test plans and requirements management with attention to detail
* Demonstrates leadership skills to mentor non-technical staff on day to day basis.
* Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
* Ability to build strong relationships and influence others across the organization
* Effective in dealing with ambiguity
* Windows OS client experience, including security policies, settings and registry
* UNIX/LINUX and Windows server experience, including expertise in system installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, capacity planning, monitoring, and security procedures
* Disk imaging technologies and techniques
* Understanding of internet and network standards such as HTTP, DNS, FTP, SSH, HTML, XML, JDBC, ODBC, SNMP and other protocols
* Understanding of high availability hardware and database systems design and implementation including cluster management, redundancy and failover testing
* Knowledge of storage systems (SAN, NAS, RAID Array, etc.)
* Experience hardening and maintaining secure systems (SOX or PCI experience a plus!)
* Network hardware architecting experience with load balancing equipment, switches, routers, and network troubleshooting
* Ability to produce system documentation, including writing requirements, operational specifications, system architecture, test plans and as-built documentation, all with attention to detail
* Experience breaking down engineering tasks and delegation of work to more junior engineers
* Experience working with ITIL and Service Management best practices
* Documenting the best practices and sharing with other teams for operational excellence.
* Ideal candidate would have education and/or equivalent experience in a prior Systems Engineer position
* 6 years experience designing, supporting and deploying complex IT systems
* 6 years operating complex, large-scale enterprise applications / systems
Starbucks is a chain of restaurants that retails handcrafted coffee, tea and fresh food items.