You will provide program management leadership to ensure that our software projects are realized and completed successfully. As senior program manager, you will have program responsibility for an area or major function within the technology or development organization, and must be able to manage a number of projects across multiple project teams and departments. You will work closely with a broad range of developers, testers, and product managers to plan and execute projects, assess and respond to risks, identify and track issues, and summarize and report on project and program status for internal management and project teams. You will partner with fellow Program Managers to identify cross-dependencies, communicate information and ensure successful initiatives between programs.
To be a good fit for this position you will have at least five years of software technology project management experience as a project manager and/or program manager and experience with one or more agile lifecycle process such as Scrum, Lean, SAFe, or Kanban.
* Your number one priority is to ensure team success.
* Ensure the teams have prioritized work to ensure the best possible business outcomes given limited resources, time, dependencies, and other constraints by managing project planning, execution, communication, issues, and risks
* Define success metrics for the Program and Projects
* Support the Scrum teams with monitoring plan deviations and assisting in the development of corrective action plans at the program level provide mentoring and agile expertise in support of the project teams.
* Partner with team leadership, department heads, and executives to support sound product roadmaps and align them around our business goals.
* Generate and distribute status reports that provide clear and accurate progress, risks and issues
* Lead regular project meetings to report status and facilitate issue resolution
* Lead the development of overall program execution strategy
* Provide Agile leadership to the team and additional support with initiatives like CI-CD and Services driven development
* Other project tasks as assigned by manager
Required Skills and Experience
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* 5 or more years in software development project or program management in a technical environment
* Thorough understanding of agile software development lifecycle with direct experience.
* Strong organizational and communication skills to effectively lead project management activities for concurrent projects and multidisciplinary teams
* Proven leadership capabilities with matrixed teams and ability to drive issues to closure.
* Experience with Service Oriented Architecture, API, internal or external integration or programming language oriented projects
* Proficient with JIRA, Confluence, Rally, VersionOne, TFS, or similar ALM tool
* One or more standard project management certifications (PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CSP, SPC) desired but not required
* You should be:
* Flexible, able to adapt to changing situations and open to trying alternative solutions.
* Able to build strong relationships across the organization and demonstrate a strong ability to work with a variety of personalities
* Tech and business savvy and always up for learning new things
* Have strong problem solving skills and a solution based approach
About Cornerstone Ondemand
Cornerstone OnDemand is a company providing comprehensive learning and talent management solutions.