Are you looking to make an impact at the intersection of leading technological trends of our time: the cloud, big data, open source, deep learning, and AI? If yes, then we, the Azure HDInsight team, are looking for you. Azure HDInsight is one of the largest Azure data services that offers popular open source technologies, such as Spark, Hive, Hadoop, Kafka, HBase, and many others in a form that is easy for customers to use.
Big data and advanced analytics is a staple of quantitative intelligence of modern enterprises. Cloud brings to big data cost efficiency of on-demand compute which customers love. Recent advances in ML and Deep Learning frameworks present transformative opportunities for big data practitioners. This space is exploding with customer demand. In the Azure HDInsight team, you will get the opportunity to make some of the latest innovations from Microsoft and the Open Source community available to Azure customers.
We are looking for a Program Manager to drive the adoption of existing open source analytics frameworks while also planning for the delivery of the next set of emerging projects. You will need to understand the growing requirements from a diverse set of customers and represent them in subsequent product discussions. The opportunities to significantly impact the team, Azure, Microsoft, and the industry are practically limitless.
* 4-year degree in computer science or closely related discipline, or equivalent experience
* 3+ years professional experience in program management or related product development roles
* Familiarity with Open Source Big Data technologies (e.g. Spark, Hive, Kafka, HBase etc.)
* Strong communication skills, with the ability to tell concise and to the point stories
* Deep understanding and strong empathy for big data deelopers and data scientists.
* Ability to gather and use data to drive decisions.
* Ability to analyze high-level requirements and turn them into actionable plans
* Background in Machine Learning is a strong plus.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Drive adoption of open source analytics frameworks supported by Azure HDInsight
* Understand the latest developments in the open source community and plan to offer the same to Azure customers
* Build strategies to natively support emerging OSS projects in Azure HDInsight
* Build strategies to attract innovative big data ISVs to Azure HDInsight
* Represent Microsoft at major OSS and Microsoft conferences
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.