Azure Monitor team's mission is to empower organizations to deliver successful application services through timely, actionable, data-driven insights. Our strategic objective is to increase Azure usage by offering intuitive, interconnected, and extensible monitoring solutions to modern organizations actively moving to and running their businesses on the cloud. By 2020, we will attach our services to 70% of Azure global workloads.
The Azure Monitor team is working on providing end-to-end full-stack monitoring experiences for Azure customers spanning across custom application logic, Azure services, VMs, containers and network infrastructure. Our goal is deep integration with Azure with first class support of hybrid/on-premise experiences. We run high scale services in the cloud providing rich monitoring user experiences. We set standards in Azure, across Microsoft and in the industry for the application telemetry data collection. Our monitoring SDKs are used by the top Azure customers as well as internally by Microsoft teams.
* 5 years of programming experience writing code in Java, C++, C#, or C or other object-oriented programming language
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related math/engineering field, or 5+ years of equivalent industry software engineering experience
* Experience analyzing data with Kusto/Azure Data Explorer or PowerBI and a passion for using telemetry to understand customer usage patterns.
* Ability to think creatively, bring diverse experience to bear on problems, and encourage other diverse perspectives.
* Ability to drive sound architecture, design, and implementation through hands-on development.
* Experience in collaboration across teams within and outside the organization.
* Experience designing, developing and managing production cloud services in a development role.
The specific responsibilities for this position within the Azure Monitor organization are to contribute to and maintain great customer experiences which communicate customer usage and billing information for services in the monitoring stack. Understanding usage and costs is vitally important for modern SaaS services where customers can tune their use of the service to ensure they are getting the right value and aren't surprised by runaway costs. This includes full-stack development across multiple cloud services and UX in the Azure portal to support these experiences, including Log Analytics, Application Insights, and Azure Security Center.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.