Azure Networking is the team behind Microsoft cloud infrastructure. Physical Networking team is responsible for the data center networks, that enable cloud services. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the network that powers the world's largest online services. Phynet/CIE Network Engineering group is responsible for providing Network Design, Implementation, Engineering and support various 1st party groups in Microsoft and this team is critical to the success of Microsoft, as services are rapidly growing and so is the need for an increasingly reliant network.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with strong knowledge in Network Programming and familiar with C, C# and Python languages with strong experience in networking technologies such as Routing, Switching, Load Balancing, etc.
* 5 years' experience in Network Programming or software development using C, C# and Python
* 10+ years of past network engineering experience driving large scale, date driven projects is highly desirable.
* 2-3 years' experience in Network Programming and software development using C, C# and Python
* Strong expertise in Routing & Switching technologies
* Expert-level knowledge, experience, and ability troubleshooting and producing designs that leverage protocols such as OSPF, ISIS, BGP, MPLS, LDP, VRFetc
* Working knowledge, experience, and ability with TCP internals and other L4-7 protocols and technologies such as: SSL, HTTP, DNS, NTP, Load Balancing, Netmon/Wireshark, etc.
* Experience in developing security hardening procedures, security best practices, and policy implementation
* Familiar with debugging large-scale system
* CCIE/JNCI Certification(s) is a plus
* Masters/Bachelor's in Computer Science is desirable.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Develop a technical roadmap for major online services network infrastructure
* Provide technical expertise to perform root cause analysis of service interrupting incidents; develop and implement strategies to prevent recurrence
* Create or propose technical solutions when faced with a new complex systems design or process issue, where little or no precedent exists
* Take responsibility for prioritizing critical, competing tasks that may lack clear end results.
* Effectively apply influence strategies and negotiation skills to impact decisions and make trade-offs based on TCO and risk
* Drive creation and execution of documentation, process and procedure improvements to streamline and optimize work performed
* Drive automation to manage the scale and yet, deliver faster and safer.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.