The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies. #1 ranking in building design and construction, and water treatment engineering design.
High Level Program Controls Lead Role.
Working with other members of our Program Management Team to provide support to the City of San Mateo Clean Water Program (SMCWP) along with other State and Local government projects. The position is a member of the program support team who will provide assistance to the Program Manager and individual project teams regarding forecasting, change management, schedule management, project budget analysis, project earn value measurement tracking, risk management and proposals.
Performing client management / interfacing / updates / presentations at all levels of management. Project Controls partners with Project Managers to ensure complete awareness of project schedule, cost, and risks and provide alternative strategies for mitigation / opportunities. Jacobs Engineering Group utilizes advanced Enterprise System platforms and data analysis solutions to support service excellence. Responsibilities include:
* Lead the Program Controls Team which includes project controls schedule and cost managers, economics and finance team members and document management.
* Manage the overall program controls and reporting function as well as the project level project controls and reporting.
* Lead all planning, and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control, analysis, and ongoing recommendations for improvement
* Interface with other project team members, including Engineering, Construction, Procurement, Office planning, IT, Accounting, Finance, Tax, Contracts and Legal, to facilitate compliance with execution strategy and objectives
* Provide status reports and related project reporting analyses to company and client management
* Identify problems and coordinate with the project team to correct and ensure work is being coordinated between the other departments and offices to meet project requirements
* Prepare various project controls plans and reports, financial summaries, and related activities for project management on assigned projects
* Serve as a liaison with business unit functional management to coordinate workload and staffing plans, work processes, and procedures
* Evaluate projects at each stage of development to ensure cost and financial activities of the project team inclusive of ensuring client/contractual obligations have been met
* Plan and assist with anticipated staffing requirements for assigned projects
* Review contract drafts and related terms & conditions to ensure they meet project controls requirements and coordinate development of data in support of contract compliance
* Prepare, coordinate, and deliver project controls presentations to internal management and to client, as required
* Participate in the development and training of assigned personnel and in the implementation of training programs
* Thoroughly understand the principles of cost control, planning/scheduling, and estimating.
* Develop and maintain productive cross-discipline relationships within the project team.
* Proactively monitor and communicate budget, actual status, and forecast costs/labor hours for projects.
* Consolidate performance data to support performance measurement, data analysis, and cost forecasting.
* Develop accurate and timely project cost forecasts.
* Assist in the development of project work plans and schedules.
* Create client and internal status reports that effectively communicate schedule status and identify critical path.
* Provide technical guidance to other project controls staff in schedule and cost control procedures.
* 12 years of project cost controls and scheduling experience
* Experience working on various projects to include coordinating and executing project issues. Also prefer those candidates with program related experience.
* Specific experience and demonstrated skill in directing cost engineering functions, including cost estimating, cost control, change management and cost analysis
* Experience with directing, planning, and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control, and analysis
* Strong leadership skills with the ability to successfully direct and motivate a team inclusive of interacting with client personnel
* Significant experience in project controls, commercial operations, with emphasis on project controls and financial issues
* Broad knowledge of Project Control Systems and processes including leading schedule processing software, databases and spreadsheet applications (ie: Primavera, Excel)
* BS/MS in an Engineering or Construction Sciences Discipline preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs. #BIA
About Jacobs Engineering
Jacobs Engineering provides professional, technical, and construction services.