USSOCOM's mission is to "Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks." As a member of our team, you will partner with SOF military and civilian members to directly support this mission by providing world-class Information Technology services and support that connect over 60,000 users around the world.
Shift work is required to support 24x7 operations. It is important to be available to work any shift/designated hours required to include nights, weekends and holidays.
The Network Administrator (NA) performs tier one and two network support in accordance with the SIE OPORD. Candidates for the NA provide administration of network and communications systems, including, but not limited to, Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) systems. NA need solid technical skills and experience with a variety of network protocols, software, and hardware involved in LAN and WAN operations. The position requires strong troubleshooting, analytic and diagnostic skills, along with good communication abilities. The NA role requires comprehensive knowledge of Government hardware, software, and network components. The NA is responsible for creating monitoring reports and managing equipment logs, as well as ensuring the functionality of links. The NA coordinates network administration and performance requirements with other members of the networking team. The NA identifies, analyzes, and documents long-range requirements, and administers resources related to the enterprise network. The NA prepares technical implementation plans that provide integrated solutions, including actions, milestones, timelines and critical paths required for complete solutions. The NA researches applicable standards and requirements documents to assure network compliance. The NA plans for and provides reasonable responsiveness in terms of network performance (e.g., availability, reliability, and throughput). The NA prepares activity and progress reports for the Government regarding network performance initiatives.
* Administering the operation of LAN/WAN-related network services according to Government policies and procedures
* Coordinating and implementing network software and hardware upgrades
* Troubleshooting and resolving LAN/WAN performance, connectivity and related network problems
* Administering LAN/WAN security and malware control measures
* Build operational Operations and Maintenance (O&M) checklists to maintain the service (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly O&M checklists); build Tactics, Techniques and Processes (TTPs) and Standard Operating Processes (SOPs) associated with service checklists
* Monitoring LAN/WAN-related systems to proactively identify performance and operational issues
* Documenting and implementing approved configuration changes
* Managing access control lists and networking equipment
* Performing routine maintenance on network-related components and equipment
AS degree in information systems or computer science and seven (7) plus years of directly related experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and certifications. Progressive relevant training and/or certification may be substituted for a portion of the experience requirement.
4 years of increasingly complex and progressive experience in implementing, administering, performing testing and analyzing network systems.
Must have experience with current technologies and where required for the task, emerging technologies
Required Certification: Employment is contingent upon keeping required certifications current
* DOD 8570 IAT Level II or higher
* Work will be performed inside a large facility. Work assignments vary based on client requirements. Position could require some night and weekend work.
* Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines:
* General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
* Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. It is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday).
* On-Call or after hours' support may be required
* Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions:
* Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client's standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
* The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
About Jacobs Engineering
Jacobs Engineering provides professional, technical, and construction services.