Jacobs Buildings, Infrastructure & Advanced Facilities (BIAF) line of business is a global network of employees serving both the private and public sectors, including our nation's vital Defense and Intelligence Community components. Our employees work to shape the communities in which we work and live by creating and delivering world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to deliver exceptional, integrated services to our clients, while providing growth opportunities to our employees working together to deliver global solutions to our clients' programs.
Our BIAF Federal team is Headquartered in Arlington VA with another major office in Herndon VA. Collectively, these offices consist of over 700 employees dedicated to delivering built environment solutions to the Intelligence Community and other Federal agencies. Our services include planning, design, construction oversight, and commissioning for highly mission-critical building and infrastructure systems directly supporting and sustaining the Intelligence Community's mission. We are in immediate need of the following skilled professionals to further enhance our offerings to the Federal government.
Great opportunity for an experienced security engineering professional with antiterrorism (AT) expertise to support Jacobs' federal & defense programs and projects. Serves as the subject matter expert (SME) resource and engineering specialist with design development, specifications, special studies, technical reviews, requirements analysis, computational analysis, mitigation methods, strategies, approaches & economical solutions, a multi-discipline technical understanding of the design-build project, excellent coordination skills with design team members, and perform other detailed physical & protective design security engineering tasks that will accomplish the clients security mission.
Serves as the subject matter expert security engineering specialist within a specific Jacobs area of assignment requiring limited direction and supervision. Plans, develops and completes security engineering projects within a specialized area of assignment & within budget. Heavy emphasis is placed on level of expertise; knowledge; originality; analysis; interaction with clients and core project teams. Exceptional technical writing skills are critical. Assists management with manpower and material usage in meeting budgetary/cost constraints, deadlines, goals and objectives for the primary area of assignment or project assigned. Serves as a technical consultant/contact worldwide for his/her area of expertise. Critical to be able to support multiple projects at once to meet fast timelines.
* U.S. Citizenship
* Active DoD Secret Clearance
Required Mandatory Experience:
* Minimum of 15 years relevant Industry, Federal Agency, and or Defense sector experience as a physical security specialist or security engineer required
* Will have demonstrated experience working with Architectural/Engineering firms, and ability to work effectively within a project team environment
Functional capabilities and experience to include:
* Comprehensive SME knowledge of security criteria & compliances; Specifically; The DoD Minimum Antiterrorism Standards for Buildings (Current Version), Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC) Security Engineering Series, ISC Risk Management Processes for Federal Facilities & supporting Appendices, and other federal and DoD compliances.
* Complete understanding of threat and the usual risks to people and property and their design to threat mitigation approaches for threat & vulnerability reduction.
* Critical understanding on the effects of explosive loads on structures static & dynamic for primary and secondary structural and non-structural elements.
* Essential use of window systems response models SBEDS-W & WINGARD PE (Current Version). Other structural blast-effects models is a plus.
* Comprehensive knowledge of consequence management &evaluation.
* Understanding the risk method approach, threat identification and rating, and the benefits of an empirical study of physical security of structures, buildings, compounds & site to protect critical assets with defense in depth protection measures.
* Knowledge and practice of physical and technology methods of protection and understanding their roles in deter, detect, deny, delay, & defend mitigation approaches.
* Determine and prioritizing security needs and aligning best solutions within the available budget.
* Comprehensive knowledge and experience in the design of complex integrated electronic security systems. Design, evaluation & testing
* Experience with the design of entry control facilities and access control points, perimeter protection, anti-ram vehicle barriers & random antiterrorism measures (RAMs) aligned with an understanding of performance-based requirements.
* Knowledge of forced entry mitigation measures (covert and overt).
* Development of security engineering studies, e.g., studies designed to identify deficiencies related to design & construction standards aligned with performance-based compliances & testing.
* Experience with scoping and criteria documents.
* System Engineering: Ability to organize activities in order to transform requirements into mission-specific solutions. Ability to successfully apply a framework of principles and activities for different kinds of systems related problems.
* Analytical Skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations for action.
* Conceptual Thinking: Understanding how elements, problems, and situations are related to each other and to the larger environment.
* Creativity/Innovation: Reframing traditional patterns of thinking and applying new and evolving ideas, methods, designs and technologies.
* Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done.
* Initiative: Taking action in the absence of specific instructions or in the absence of a specific requirement, taking reasonable risks to achieve results, and persevering when challenged.
* Leadership: Setting and modeling high performance standards and empowering a team of people to achieve agreed-upon outcomes.
* Ownership/Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs, and results.
* Problem-Solving/Decision-Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles or resistance.
* Teamwork: Building cooperation among Jacobs team members and outside support teams, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
* Ability to work well with sub-consultant partners.
* Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities and assignments.
* Professional Engineer (PE)
* Physical Security Professional (PSP)
* BS in Engineering; Structural, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Architecture
* OR, BS in other area of study with current (Physical Security Certification (PSP), and with 15 plus years documented physical security engineering experience aligned with the requirements in this solicitation
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Note to Virginia Job Seekers: Jacobs ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact the Human Resources Director at our Arlington, VA office at 571-218-1000. Persons with hearing-and speech-impairments can contact Jacobs by using the Virginia Relay Service, a toll-free telecommunication device for the deaf (TDD). Call 711 for TTY/TDD.
Jacobs Engineering is a provider of technical, consulting, and scientific services for the government and private sector.