What you'll be doing...
In this newly created role, you will be responsible for determining and creating requirements for the Verizon Smart Communities connected IoT products. The span of this role may include translating business requirements into technical requirements, evaluating and validating software feature deliverables, creating technical configuration standards, keeping up to date on new technology trends, and leveraging internal assets and partner technologies to deliver end to end solutions. You will work closely with the product, engineering, and partner teams as well as other internal and external stakeholders to research, define, plan and execute product enhancements, features, and new products.
* Function as the Product Owner in the agile/SCRUM software development process throughout the product life cycle.
* Work with internal and external stakeholders to collect feedback; identifying opportunities for improvements and enhancements to our suite of products.
* Provide day-to-day product guidance and write user stories - specifying requirements and acceptance criteria with detail and clarity sufficient for implementation and testing.
* Identify key product stakeholders, elicit input and develop a consensus around the definition and relative priority of each story in the backlog - contain scope appropriately, while managing stakeholder expectations.
* Work with user experience (UX) designers to create a compelling user experience around each story, expressed through wireframes, mock-ups or prototypes.
* Work with development engineering teams to communicate the product vision, clarify use cases and requirements, resolve issues arising during development, and accept stories as they are completed.
* Monitor and evaluate key performance indicators to help drive product performance.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in Business, IT, Information Systems or Engineering.
* Ten or more years of experience with three or more years as an embedded systems engineer.
* Two or more years of experience with embedded hardware and operating systems, and connecting these devices to the cloud.
* Proficiency with Linux/Unix-like operating systems and demonstrated experience specifying systems utilizing hardware routinely found in IoT devices.
* Industry experience and IoT/M2M market knowledge.
* Broad knowledge of IoT architectures, from devices to cloud.
* Experience engaging and influencing both technical and business stakeholders.
* Strong planning and organization skills, with the ability to manage multiple complex projects.
* Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, planning and drive for results competencies.
* Experience with project management, feature definition and design and feasibility assessments.
* Familiarity with embedded systems architecture and design, including embedded hardware and operating system experience (MCU, SoC, etc.)
* Embedded electronics design experience.
* Hands-on prototyping experience with common SoC boards including ESP82xx, RaspberryPI, Arduino - using multiple operating systems, programming languages, and communication and network modalities.
* Embedded OS and application programming experience.
* Embedded system security, authentication and device management experience.
* Knowledge of the product management lifecycle.
* Exceptional presentation skills using tools such as PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
* Excellent written/verbal communication/presentation skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create excellent working relationships with diverse teams and job functions throughout the organization.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.