What you'll be doing...
The Project Manager in the CAO organization will manage and drive end to end program management from business case ideation, program requirements intake, benefits validation to release delivery of multiple large, complex and transformational projects impacting various applications including Employee HR, Payroll, Absence, Time management, Benefits, Real estate and Employee experience. As part of the Portfolio management IT team, the PM will be engaged with the Business/IT stakeholders to define process for a smooth program ideation, discovery, intake and projects delivery tracking the tasks due on a monthly basis and determine how the KPI's are measured to completion from qualitative, timeliness to budgetary details. The PM will be an integral facilitator of the technical staff team, accountable for the project delivery and recommend solutions or approaches to improve project delivery with internal and external teams.
* Leads multiple small, medium, large and complex projects impacting CAO IT Applications.
* Work with the program intake process, prioritize with business, assign, and drive through to release delivery holding various IT teams, vendor teams, other contractors and stakeholders accountable for commitment on deliverables.
* Prepare presentations defining the current and future state of the business need, project status and ensure project benefits are achieved upon delivery.
* Performs Project Management activities such as planning, sizing, defining units of work delivery, configuration, resourcing and scheduling.
* Provide executive reporting on projects including capacity and budget impacts via team dashboards.
* Synchronize budget program and business case details to open projects, defining if the business value meets, exceeds or falls below expectations.
* Drives resolutions and project delivery through partnership with the business and IT stakeholders.
* Leads discussions on projects, status, and problem resolution and identifies and assigns actions for follow up and/or leadership escalation.
* Manage test plans and resolve escalations with IT PM or scrum master to drive delivery of the project/program.
* Ensure the delivery of the work from vendor is as expected, within the SLA timelines and within the capacity for which the vendor is measured.
What we're looking for...
You enjoy a fast-paced environment, anticipating the needs of those you support and ensuring they're prepared. You take the time to understand the business context of your work. You appreciate the diverse needs of those you support and can flex to meet their varying needs while maintaining important standards across the team. You're motivated by being an integral part of the team, supporting the executives that help drive our business results in a way that allows them to be their best.
You'll need to have:
* Associate's degree or two or more years of work experience.
* Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* MBA or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Project Management or in a related discipline.
* Four or more years of Project Management experience.
* Agile/SCRUM certification.
* Experience in Process definition and Governance models.
* Experience in Vendor management.
* Experience with Clarity and JIRA.
* Experience with Agile methodology.
* Experience with Development of project/Program plans for effective communication of assigned actions including due dates and project dependencies for the project and leadership teams awareness.
* Experience with ensuring all phases of the project are complete adding to the complexity to report budget aspects
* Have a keen understanding of business requirements to provide creative and effective solutions that can be broken down to achieved timely goals
* Experience with vendor management and accountability of tasks delivery as part of managed services guidelines from the executive leaders.
* Collaboration and communication skills. Ability to formulate communications appropriate for all organizational levels.
* Experience developing content for leadership and communicating program risks and dependencies.
* Experience driving operational and financial management and reporting, ability to design and solve for metrics across quality, productivity, user experience, innovation and cost.
* Experience in G Suite and MS Office.
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
* Ability to guide and coach a large and diverse globally distributed team to remain focused on value delivery and execute in advanced agile practices.
* Supervisory experience.
* Ability with negotiation skills to help team be outcome-focused.
* Strong writing and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate across all levels of management.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.