What you'll be doing...
Verizon is looking for out-of-the-box thinkers to help us build and operate the Verizon Cloud Platform (VCP). People who are smart, hard-working, and really want to help transform the way we do operations. What we do really matters to the business. This is a great opportunity for you to bring your technical leadership, skills and experience to life as part of a small team within a large organization. We operate with a lean startup mentality with the support of a large directional division. You will have the experience and expertise of the best network team in the world behind you as you help the team transform infrastructure, workload, and product through content delivery, mobility, and Verizon's enabling of the Internet of Things.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Full Stack Software Developer who can
* Design, build, test, deploy and operate modern web applications and services
* Write and implementtwelve factor applications
* Execute continuous integration / continuous deployment (CICD), and DevOps best practices
* Must be able to write complete end-to-end tests ateighty five percentage or morecoverage
* Work as part of our technology team to further our efforts around performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
* Identify and help evaluate new technologies
* Work closely with Product Owners to drive new feature creation, software testing and quality assurance
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field.
* Eight or more years of computer systems experience.
* Working experience with GIT and JIRA.
* Strong knowledge of core programming fundamentals.
* Knowledge of restful API services.
* Experience with distributed databases including NoSQL and SQL.
* Experience with CI/CD e.g. Screwdriver, CircleCI, Jenkins.
* Strong agile/scrum development experience.
* Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible / Chef / Puppet.
* Knowledge with using container based APIs including Docker, Docker Swarm, or Kubernetes.
* Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project teams.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Work in dynamic , independently, and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
* Strong interpersonal skills and detail oriented.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.