Product Designer (Up to 25% Profit Sharing Benefit!)
Req #: 221922
Location: Washington, DC US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: None
BITS, a CACI Company, offers very rewarding and unique benefits, which equates to 50% of compensation on TOP of your base salary! The first part is a tax-qualified profit-sharing retirement plan, to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account. The second component consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS, in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. We believe in a healthy home/work balance and both of our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Learn more at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/
What You'll Get to Do:
Opportunity to participate on an innovative DevOps program developing modern front-end displays using Pivotal Cloud Foundry technologies and Pivotal Labs practices.
Product Designers ensure we are building products that meet user needs. Product Designers cover a wide variety of skills to be successful including user research, experience and interaction design, as well as visual design. By practicing User Centered Design (UCD), designers act as an intelligent filter for user feedback and ensure that their teams tackle the highest value. As a part of a Balanced Team with Product Managers and Software Engineers, designers work collaboratively with their teammates to determine design priorities, refine a backlog and roadmap, and validate the technical complexity of their designs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Lead design on your product team across the entire product lifecycle (everything from discovering and defining the problem to iterating on a product in production)
* Define the vision for the user experience and involve teammates in the design process
* Advocate for user value and balance that with business value, portfolio value, and technical complexity
* Work with your team to define product vision, strategy, roadmap, and backlog
* Seek user feedback constantly while balancing when you can build in risk
* Seek collaboration with the product manager and understanding the balance of when to include them and when to move it forward
* Seek collaboration with my engineers and understanding the balance of when to include them and when to move it forward
* Lead research synthesis to drive actions for the team
More About Your Role:
* You love doing user-centered design (UCD), not user-driven design (UDD)
* You have some experience in all product design capabilities: user research, interaction design, experience design, and visual design ("full-stack" designer)
* You like being in a multi-disciplinary role, i.e., an intelligent filter to figure out the why behind a user need
* You love working collaboratively with product managers and engineers within a balanced team
* You have experience with facilitating efficient meetings and ensure the expected outcome is met
* You are able to break down complex problems into small measurable parts, design interactively, and prioritize your own design work alongside the priorities in a team's backlog and roadmap
* You have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt communication style to the audience
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Typically requires bachelor's degree in computer science or software design, computer animation, design, or equivalent and 5 to 7 years of related experience.
* Visual Design - experience in engaging with users and incorporating into the formal elements of graphic design: figure, ground, color, type, rhythm and hierarchy
* Front-End Engineering - experience working with code to implement design decisions through a text editor, browser and terminal
* Tactical UI or Usability - experience with the application of interaction design, information architecture and user flows to define the arrangement of software elements across screens.
* Experienced in the development of low-fidelity and high-fidelity wireframes using Illustrator, Balsamiq or an equivalent tool.
* There is no clearance requirement to begin employment. As a requirement of continued employment you will be required to obtain a TS/SCI CI poly clearance.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for a TS/SCI CI poly clearance.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
* Experience with test automation and continuous integration/continuous delivery
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.