Cyber Network Engineer (Firewall SME) TS/SCI w/ poly
Req #: 219056
Location: Fairfax, VA US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
What You'll Get to Do:
As a Firewall Engineer SME, you will plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
More About This Role:
* Attends technical exchange meetings to consult with clients, project managers, and system administrators to gather information and determine customer requirements.
* Researches, configures, and tests various network devices in a lab setup before deploying to customer production environments.
* Works within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure. Monitoring and analysis of network characteristics using Cisco ADSM, ACS, and other related utilities and appliances.
* Prepares script configuration files for Cisco devices such as routers, switches, firewalls, gateways, email guards, anti-malware systems. E
* valuates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
* Provides installation instructions and procedures to assist with deployment and troubleshooting for maintenance support groups.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, attending technical conferences, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
* TS/SCI w/poly is required
* CCNA - Routing and Switching (Current)
* Experience configuring/operating various firewall platforms (Cisco NGFW/ASA, Juniper SRX)
* Experience creating network diagrams using Microsoft Visio
* Experience configuring/operating centralized authentication software/systems (Cisco Secure ACS, Cisco ISE)
* Development and maintenance of High Level and Low Level Design documentation
* Strong troubleshooting skills, analytical problem solving ability, and organizational skills
* Experience creating presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint
* Strong communications skills
* CCNA Security (Must be working toward this certification)
* CISCO and/or Juniper certifications
* CISSP or CISM
* Juniper Networks Certified Specialist Security (JNCIS-SEC)
* Experience working with IDS/IPS products (Cisco FMC/FirePOWER, Fortinet, TippingPoint)
* Experience with Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, and Email Security Appliances (Cisco ESA, Cisco FireAMP)
* Administrator level ability with UNIX (Linux or other variant) is highly desirable
* Experience with Software-Defined Networking and Software-Defined WAN technology
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent and 12 to 15 years of relevant experience are required but for this position a Bachelor's with 8+ years, Masters with 6 years, PhD with 4 years, Associates with 10 years is acceptable.
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.