Job Description SummaryThe Procurement Portfolio Project Manager ("PPM") as part of the Global Procurement Portfolio Management Office (GP PMO) is responsible for facilitating the successful completion of key procurement portfolios of projects, including: tracking and reporting against defined schedules and budgets, issue/risk identification and mitigation, resource analysis, project prioritization, and related GP PMO activities. The PMO may also participate in project management on occasion.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Global Procurement PMO, the Procurement Portfolio Project Manager ("PPM") is responsible for driving and collaborating with a team of procurement colleagues, other professionals from multiple functions/regions, and external partners, on the execution of Procurement focused program(s).
In coordination with and support of senior Procurement Leader(s), the PPM associate will be responsible for program/portfolio tracking, reporting of program data, providing resource utilization data, confirming compliance to defined schedules and budgets, project prioritization methodology, program governance and complete program management for assigned portfolio(s) of projects, from initiation to successful completion.
The PPM may take a lead role in planning and project management for select small scale projects, and/or assist program leaders in coordinating and facilitating projects from start to finish.
Additionally, the PMO works collaboratively with the other members of the Procurement PMO team, sharing best practices, providing cross-coverage, and balancing work across the PMO team.
Scope Of Responsibilities
* Manages the reporting and tracking of a portfolio of projects
* Leads project reviews, including meeting preparation, facilitation, and follow-up notes/actions
* Provides templates and logs to facilitate the communication and confirmation of action completion
* Ensures effective, accurate and timely communication across the team and other functional areas
* Identifies needs and implements solutions to improve tracking, planning and collaboration
* Tracks progress against plan and savings targets; manages the project budget (if applicable)
* Identifies program level risks and provides plans to mitigate those risks
* Reports project delays and risks of delay; works with project managers as needed in development of action plans to address delays and mitigation plans for at risk phases of the project
* Provides guidance for the successful completion of projects
* Accountable for communicating program/portfolio status to the Procurement Leadership Team
* Maintains all program level documents and document repositories related to the projects
* Drives efficiencies through discrete internal based projects and process improvements
* Executes small scale projects of low complexity and/or leads small teams to execute projects
* Bachelor's degree in business or a related field or related experience in lieu of a BS degree
* Minimum 5 years of work experience
* Minimum 2 years of project or program management
* Knowledgeable in project management best practices
* Proven experience in establishing and driving stakeholder management plans, risk/issue management plans
* Strong influencing and communication skills within a highly matrixed and multi-cultural organization
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to identify root causes and corrective actions
* Proficiency in using standard project tools (MS Office, MS Project, MS SharePoint, etc.)
* Excellent project / program management with demonstrated experience in managing scope, schedule and budget from initiation through closure.
* Experienced establishing and implementing controls to manage scope change and reporting project schedule/budget performance.
* Ability to deal with ambiguity, complexity and working under pressure with tight timelines and moving targets
* Strong team player able to work both collaboratively and independently
This position can be located out of any BD site in the United States.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Additional LocationsUSA CA - San Diego Bldg A&B, USA CA - San Jose, USA FL - Miami, USA IL - Vernon Hills, USA MA - Andover, USA NC - Research Triangle Park, USA TX - El Paso - Northwestern Dr., USA TX - San Antonio - Silicon Dr, USA UT - Sandy
Work ShiftNA (United States of America)
About Becton Dickinson
Becton Dickinson is a global medical technology company that develops, manufactures, and sells medical supplies, devices, laboratory equipment, and diagnostic products.