Job Description SummaryResponsibilities
Bring machine learning models into production together with a multi-disciplinary team of data scientists, software development engineers, and subject domain experts. •Ensure the Machine Learning code, models and pipelines are deployed successfully into production, and troubleshooting issues that arise.
We are seeking a Machine Learning Engineer to help drive innovation and make an impact within the world of health. As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will be responsible for individual contributions in the Data Science Group. You will be working to solve complex healthcare problems using large datasets and an array of advanced data science technology. Every day, you will be working alongside energizing product teams that are eager for your insights that solve our customers' most pressing problems.
The Machine Learning Engineer resides within the Technology Solutions Analytic Services department. Technology Solutions is a software development organization within BD responsible for delivering analytics and surveillance solutions that help hospitals take care of their patients. Capabilities like advanced analytics, user experience design, data science, test automation, project/portfolio management, lean-agile software development practices, and automated software development metrics are critical to our success. Technology Solutions provides data products and solutions to our customers using in-depth detailed medical device and hospital data to improve the safety and experiences for all patients.
Bring machine learning models into production together with a multi-disciplinary team of data scientists, software development engineers, and subject domain experts.
* Ensure the Machine Learning code, models and pipelines are deployed successfully into production, and troubleshooting issues that arise.
* Actively architect and deliver state of the art machine learning solutions designed to add intelligence to our healthcare software product line
* Automate model training and testing and deployment via machine learning continuous delivery pipelines.
* Establish meaningful criteria for evaluating algorithm performance and suitability
* Implement working, scalable, production-ready Machine Learning and AI Process Automation models and code
* Optimize processes for maximum speed, performance and accuracy
* Participate in the end to end software development of new feature functionality and design capabilities
* Craft clean, testable and maintainable code
* Keep up to date with Machine Learning best practices and evolving open source frameworks
* Work in an agile team in a scrum process, collaborating closely with fellow software engineers, data scientists, data engineers and QA engineers
* BS, MS in Computer Science or related Engineering fields
* Two to four years' experience building production large scale deployment of machine learning products
* Experience with machine learning and statistical analysis applications
* Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, high-performance computing
* Expert in Python and/or R
* Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
* Machine learning education
* Automating machine learning models
* Hands-on experiences with AWS and cloud infrastructure
* Experience working in agile/scrum teams
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego TC Bldg C&D
About Becton Dickinson
Becton Dickinson is a global medical technology company that develops, manufactures, and sells medical supplies, devices, laboratory equipment, and diagnostic products.