Job Description SummaryThe BD Pyxis™ Logistics pharmacy carousel is an advanced, cost-efficient and reliable drug storage and retrieval system that, through automation, reduces labor and space requirements when compared to static shelving. Expert installation consultants evaluate your environment, including mapping workflow from dock to pharmacy, to ensure an optimal carousel solution. With more than 45 models available, the BD Pyxis Logistics carousel can meet the requirements of most acute care pharmacies. Learn more:
Home based position with travel. Candidates can live anywhere in the US near a major airport
The Senior Consultant is experienced with the implementations at the Large Hospital/IDN level. This involves extensive customer interaction and relationship development at the Director/Key Stakeholder level. In addition, the Sr. Consultant guides the implementation process through demonstrated expertise of clinical and technical processes. Projects range in scope from large hospital to small/medium IDN level implementations requiring standardization across multiple product lines. The effective Sr. Consultant must be able to clearly communicate, thoroughly document and demonstrate product implementation competency. This also involves working with the customer (with focus on large hospital systems to small/medium IDN's level customers) by gathering customer requirements, defining best practices, design decisions and policy and procedures consulting. The Sr. Consultant effectively performs the required tasks to ensure timely Go-Lives and customer satisfaction. The Sr. Consultant must have the ability to establish collaborative working relationships with cross-functional project teams. Project teams will include multiple disciplines from within Medication Systems and customer teams. The Sr. Consultant is a mentor for both customers and internal team members.
Specific Duties, Activities and Responsibilities
Technical - 70% - Large Hospital/IDN level requirement definition, workflow design, policy/procedure definition, education, etc.
Project Management - 5% - Meetings, planning, communication, documentation
Mentoring - 20%
Administrative activity - 5%
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Facilitation of conference calls and customer meetings primarily for large hospital systems and small/medium IDN's for BD product implementations.
* Establish rapport with customers that is conducive to a long term business relationships.
* Provide team support and product information on BD Medication Systems products as assigned by manager. Mentors team members to ensure product and process competency.
* Must be able to manage complex customer teams, gain consensus within teams and deliver concise and consistent communication.
* Guides the review of customer site assessment and facilitates project design and implementation of BD Medication Systems products and technologies.
* Demonstrates expert knowledge of large hospital/IDN level pharmacy/clinical workflow processes, hospital formulary build, hospital & pharmacy system integration, clinical device settings, interface validation (ADT, billing, patient profile), user account role design, active directory.
* Complete pharmacy and clinical pre-implementation assessments and future state design.
* Ability to interact and guide diverse cross-functional teams with a focus on large hospital and IDN level health systems.
* Demonstrate expertise of established BD Medical Systems Dispensing product implementation methodologies and tools or equivalent industry standards.
* Must be detail oriented, able to multi-task and the ability to implement complex multi-site projects consistent with established company and customer objectives.
* Demonstrates critical thinking and ability to aid customers in improving current business/practice operations including standardization across large hospital and IDN level health systems.
* Demonstrates advanced problem solving, troubleshooting and system consultation as it relates to pharmacy workflow and best practice considerations and health system standardization.
* Install and support BD Medical Systems Dispensing software.
* Mentor team members on products, best practices and customer education.
* Expected to act as a customer support resource when necessary.
* Expert with BD Medication Systems Dispensing products.
* Coordinate client resources and assign project tasks.
* Ability to actively lead projects when required.
* Works independently.
* Timely completion of internal company documentation.
* Timely completion of project documentation.
* Determines own work priorities.
* Possess excellent organizational skills with the flexibility to readily adapt to change.
Education or Equivalent:
* Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent education and work experience.
Experience or Equivalent:
* 5 years of pharmacy experience.
* Software implementation experience required, preferably in healthcare applications/robotics
* Workflow design, process improvement methodologies strongly preferred
* I.V. room experience a plus. Pharmacy buyer experience a plus
* Expertise in HIS/PIS systems
* Experience with Cerner and Epic a plus.
* Expertise in pharmacy and nursing workflow.
* 5 years in healthcare environment with technical (systems) involvement and computerized system applications.
* Dispensing software technology experience a plus.
* Must have a working knowledge of a variety of software applications, such as BD pharmacy automation products, and exposure to solution design processes.
* Experience with integrated delivery networks/large health systems required.
* Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. This position may involve pushing, pulling, stooping, bending and lifting.
* Travel may range from 60% - 80%, overnight travel.
* Position requires flexible working hours, including some nights and weekends.
* Ability to work independently from home office.
* Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego Bldg A&B
About Becton Dickinson
Becton Dickinson is a global medical technology company that develops, manufactures, and sells medical supplies, devices, laboratory equipment, and diagnostic products.