Cubic Mission Solutions
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Job Summary: Support the system/subsystem design and development of complex software and hardware systems. Provide technical input to the architecture and design of products; requirement management; supporting the architectural and system design decisions; overall coordination of the detailed hardware and software design concepts, and evaluating RFP requirements of future work. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Conceptualize, develop and analyze engineering designs, specifications and test plans for systems and equipment based on customer/contract requirements
* Research design concepts and feasibility utilizing advanced technical theory and knowledge
* Create and execute certification plans to gain approval by certifying agencies
* Coordinate and develop project concepts, objectives, specifications and resource needs. Monitor project status and system performance measures. Ensure compliance with contractual requirements for all engineering tasks.
* Direct, coordinate and contribute to compilation and writing of proposal documents. Prepare design proposals to reflect cost and schedule estimates for defined engineering tasks.
* Develop system architectures that relate requirements and interfaces so that effectiveness of system design concept is clearly communicated to customer
* Perform system requirement analysis and reviews system and subsystem design and interface specifications
* Maintain liaison with customer, subcontractor and vendor representatives. Evaluate vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
* Plan, direct, coordinate and monitor assigned engineering projects involving the design, development, integration and testing of systems, subsystems and subassemblies. Responsible for project schedules, budgets, and technical performance. Conduct project coordination and review meetings. Make presentations before management and customers. Conduct in-house design reviews and technical meetings.
* Provide marketing support, customer/subcontractor liaison and technical direction to engineers and technicians
* Participate or lead development of new business proposals, and preparation of associated cost rationale
* Participate or lead both internal and external design reviews and status meetings
* Interface with Quality Assurance to ensure application of quality standards
* Perform system modeling and simulation, trade studies and system functional analyses
* Work closely with other engineering disciplines to ensure coordination and integration of system elements and interface requirements, both internally and with teammates/subcontractors.
* Maintain knowledge of and follows applicable policies and procedures governing work assignments
* Keep informed of new developments in systems engineering techniques and advances in technology
* May participate in or lead a team effort to solve engineering problems or develop improved engineering processes
Minimum Job Requirements:
This is a cleared site, candidates must hold U.S. Citizenship. Four-year college degree in electrical engineering or related technical discipline, plus a minimum of eight years of related experience, or an applicable Master's degree with six years related experience, including three years of managing or leading engineering personnel. Must have experience with trusted and multi-level security systems. Must have a strong hardware and software background, with an emphasis on system architecture. Requires experience with conducting risk assessments IAW and security control compliance testing IAW NIST and developing certification and accreditation documentation. Efficient use of computers, test equipment, design and simulation tools. Ability to travel for meetings, briefings, demonstrations, and integration/test activities. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to solve complex and difficult system design and engineering problems. Demonstrated experience in conceptualizing, designing and product development. Ability to use personal computer software such as spreadsheets and word processing programs and requirement database management tool. Ability to interface with customers, subcontractors, vendors, and deal with employees and managers at all levels both within and outside of the engineering organization. In depth knowledge of customer needs and competing products. Must be able to work and supervise team engineers under project deadlines and associated cost and schedule constraints.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Cubic Corporation provides various integrated solutions worldwide.