Cubic Global Defense
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Job Summary: The Scheduling Specialist develops master program schedules for highly complex programs and proposals. This position acts as a key member of the Program Management Team. Provides strong guidance to ensure that the schedules are developed in a logical and executable manner. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Reviews contractual requirements, to ensure that all essential labor and non-labor elements are captured in the development of the schedule. (Including material, travel and subcontractor costs)
* Interfaces directly with Program Managers, functional managers and other support personnel to develop detailed baseline plans, schedules, and interrelationships for all program tasks.
* Utilizes various planning tools for schedule development including Gantt and Critical Path Method (CPM) network schedule.
* Performs maintenance and analyses of schedule baselines, including change control, status and forecasts, critical path analyses and "what if" scenarios. Identifies problems and potential problems. Helps to develop recovery plans.
* Supports the proposal process, including review of Requests for Proposals, schedule development and resource planning. Additionally, support may also entail narrative writing of the schedule process for the volume submittal.
* Performs formal schedule risk analyses utilizing software running Monte Carlo type analysis. Includes the understanding of 3-point estimates, loading and analyses of data, generation and explanation of reports to management.
* Prepares and executes the load of the data files being synchronized between the schedule and SAP.
* Develops and presents schedule review documents/data to management and customers as required.
* Ensures that generally accepted industry standard scheduling practices are employed in the schedule development process.
* Works directly with PMs, CAMs and PFOs to develop and maintain direct budgets/ETCs at the activity level.
* Assists with the development of the WBS Structure used within the schedule and SAP.
* Displays exceptional understanding of earned value methods and the proper use of the various status techniques.
* Establishes strong working relationships between Engineering and Operations in order to develop a fully linked master schedule which includes links to ERAs, engineering drawings, BOM, long lead material and the production cycle.
* Provide training, direction and guidance to other schedulers and project team members as required.
Minimum Job Requirements:
This job is at a cleared site, candidates must be U.S. Citizens. Four-year college degree, or equivalent, in business administration, engineering, industrial engineering or related field plus a minimum of six years experience in an engineering/manufacturing scheduling environment. Strong working knowledge of CPM, Gantt and Line-of-Balance scheduling techniques. Full understanding of the various % complete methods and their specific applications. Possess the ability to develop complex master schedules while working within the guidelines of accepted scheduling principles. Must have experience with various PC based scheduling tools (Primavera P6, MS Project, Open Plan). Experience with other software should include EXCEL, WORD and PowerPoint. Requires logical thought processes and attention to details. Must possess the ability to work on the computer for extended periods of time. Able to perform all necessary scheduling duties with little or no direct supervision. Must possess exceptional interpersonal skills (communication, facilitation and teamwork). Prior experience in working with SAP preferred.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Cubic Corporation is a provider of integrated technology solutions to government and commercial customers.