Cloud computing is the next big thing, it is the wave of the future. Most new software being built today is for the cloud. Today, there is a limited pool of people who know how to build and operate cloud-native applications. Microsoft's Identity division is at the center of Microsoft's cloud strategy, we build and operate authentication and authorization services that are used by the millions of Windows, Office, XBOX and Azure users worldwide. In the mobile-first cloud-first world the sign in experience is the front door for building closer customer relationships, supporting smoother commerce transactions and keeping people safe. Our services handle over 4 million requests per minute from our data centers worldwide, we know how to engineer for the cloud.
* 10+ years of professional software engineering experience which include 4+ years of managerial experience.
* Expertise in design, building and operating large scale distributed systems that can sustain rapid growth
* Technical leadership, experience in high performing, agile teams.
* Experience in building and growing an engineering team.
* Great communication skills to collaborate cross-group and work effectively within the team and across the broader organization.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The identity division is a customer focused organization with an emphasis on security, a great user experience and high reliability at a great scale. We are looking for an engineering manager who is passionate about building scalable, distributed, highly available, and secure cloud native services. Join our group and help develop services with an emphasis on resiliency and performance using agile engineering methodologies. Our aim is to be the best and most successful identity service in the world.
This position requires technical depth, managerial and project management skills and tons of energy and passion. Some of the responsibilities include the following:
* Work with the team and peers every day on solving highly complex design, coding, troubleshooting and operational challenges.
* Identify professional growth areas for each engineer on the team and proactively provide opportunities for increasing their skill set as engineers.
* Increase the team's capacity and capability by recruiting new engineering talent. The goal is to keep the team cohesive while at the same time bringing in new team members with diverse perspectives that can continue transform the team in a positive way.
* Continuously evaluate engineering processes and practices affecting the team with the goal of eliminating in-efficiencies and increasing the overall team effectiveness. Passionately drive these improvements both within the team and across the Identity organization if necessary.
* Provide deep strategical technical expertise and guidance in the design/architecture/planning stage of the project. Provide guidance during the execution/implementation as necessary. Help the team manage projects using agile engineering methodologies.
* Help Microsoft in building something great that positively affects the lives of millions of people!
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.