Microsoft Services is looking for a Senior Project Manager (PjM).
* A four-year degree (Computer Science or Technical degree preferred) and 10+ years of demonstrated corporate MIS experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Excellent organization, communication, Project Management, negotiation and problem-solving skills
* A proven understanding of corporate account business needs and knowledge of support industry
* Deep project management experience in a consulting organization
* Broad technology knowledge with the ability to facilitate the architecting of solutions by mapping common customer business problems to reusable end-to-end technology solutions.
* Demonstrated ability to engage in senior level business and technology decision maker discussions related to agility, business value, and end to end technology projects
* Proven experience managing all aspects of technology projects from conception to production operations and support: scope, schedule, cost, risk, quality, customer expectations and satisfaction, team management (cross functional, cross organizational), and partner management
* Experience managing multi-phase/multi-dimensional/multi-resource projects to conclusion while maintaining high customer satisfaction in a highly matrixed organization.
* Resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skill in both crisis management and expectation management.
* Understanding and experience using Agile methodology
* Experience with Project management in Information Technology organizations
* Experience using Microsoft Project to develop WBS and Project schedules
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certified
Location/Travel - You will be based in the Boston, Massachusetts area. Travel is an integral part of this role, as the needs of the business demand, with up to 75%.
Microsoft Services consists of 16,000 professionals worldwide, dedicated to empowering every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We help companies realize the possibilities in a world where cloud and artificial intelligence can transform businesses and industries.
For more information, visit www.microsoft.com/Services.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That's incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Project Managers are key enablers for other consultants and partner staff. They manage the complete lifecycle of large and complex projects. PjM's have a passion for the customer which is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience.
The PjM applies solid project management and leadership skills and experience in delivering projects on-time, within budget, and with high customer satisfaction. To be credible, you have current and deep experience with managing technology projects through all phases of a solution's or application's lifecycle in a consulting organization, with demonstrated expertise and proven abilities in risk management and mitigation, and business value or strategy consulting. You will help customer account teams identify, pursue and close strategic business development opportunities while continually driving add-on business within existing accounts. To accomplish this, you must be effective in fostering executive level relationships. PjM's help translate business requirements into technology requirements for inclusion in contracts and/or statements of work (SOW). In some cases, you will also assist in contract negotiations and engagement management.
PjM's play a key role in employing and developing partners as part of the overall Microsoft services delivery model. You maintain product group relationships and may act as subject matter experts assisting service line management in definition and development of service and/or solution offerings. You drive technical readiness around project management, particular products, solutions delivery and design best practices and go-to-markets offerings. You are also expected to participate in the mentoring of consultants and partner staff. You deliver articulate and effective strategic presentations to audiences of all sizes.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.